Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I did it...traded my XD 40 cal toward a Glock 21 in (45 Cal) today...love the feel of this gun and the fact that it shoots 45, a caliber I have more than one of. Cannot wait to shoot this thing!! Sorry Springfield.

I went to Cabelas and they offered me 250 for the XD, and I bought it there AND it was in mint condition...pristine, less than a 100 rounds run through it...so much for loyalty...my LGS gave me 375!!

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! Did you go with the Gen 4 or 3?

·
Banned
0 Posts
My G21SF is what got me addicted to glocks. It still sits on my night stand suppressed ready to go.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Never...ever...EVER try to trade in a used gun at Cabelas, Gander or Bass Pro...those places will absolutely rip you off.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Don't trade in in general. Private sale for the win. You can give someone a screaming deal and still get more out of the gun then a trade in value.

Unless less cash is worth not going through the hassle (which sometimes it is)

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Resistance was futile, hu?? :twisted:

Congrats, have fun, enjoy responsibly.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats! Did you go with the Gen 4 or 3?

Thanks, I went with the Gen 3...there were some things about the 4 I liked but not enough to fork over the extra buck-age for it, or wait for them to order one...might get a SS guide rod at some point...we'll see.

·
Registered
189 Posts
$250 for a barely used XD sounds cheap as hell.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nice.....a gen 4 21 is on my next list

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
A .45 I understand but a glock? Really?
being someone who just got my first glock, and has had all XDMs and an XDS previously, I must say they shoot awesome

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A .45 I understand but a glock? Really?

I went to the range today for the first time...that 21 was awesome...don't recall having that experience with the XD...my original trip to Cabelas looking for a Glock 22 specifically ended with my buying that XD that I just traded...lesson learned, get what you want the first time...the XD was ok but I can't say enough good about the Glock 21 I traded for...it eats low budget ammo without missing a beat and is accurate and S-M-O-O-T-H!!

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Xds don't care....it's an inanimate object....jeeeezzzzzz

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$250 for a barely used XD sounds cheap as hell.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, I don't even think the Cabelas guy opened the case and looked at it...the "gun walker" came and got me, we walked to the gun library where they do their appraisals and he asked me to wait while their guy appraised it, he was right back out in less than a minute and said "he says 250 if you want it." I said, "Whoa! 250!?!?" The "gun walker" shrugged apologetically and said, "Yeah, I guess we just have a lot of them already."

Don't know if that meant everyone was trading them in, or if they had so many new ones already, or what but that made me more determined to get mine traded, or sold and get the Glock.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts