Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have two pistols, both in 40, one 4" and one 5". I'm much more comfortable with my 4" than the 5", and my accuracy shows.

The tac currently has a firedragon barrel, dawson sights, and heavy spring.
My service currently has stock barrel, dawson sights, one pc guide rod with heavy spring, and I can still outshoot myself with the 5" freehand. From a bench vice the tac is much more consistent.

My decision is, do I spend more money on the Tac to try to get more comfortable with it, IE trigger job, and so on, Or just go out and get another matching 4"?

Problem is, no one round here wants to take the tac on trade, cause they said they are hard to move, so I'd be having 3 pistols till I found a buyer for the tac.

What would you do?

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
i would dump money in my tac over time to make it a competition gun if i was in your position. but thats just what i would do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dunno.. it's weird. I bought the service and sometimes wish I had bought a sub. Although, I really like that the service is.. I dunno.. fits my hand better I guess? bigger? I dunno..

The tactical to me didn't make much sense. It's too big to carry, I don't plan on comp shooting, so it made no sense.

I really want a sub 40, to go with my service 9.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts