Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this may be my last post folks. Apparently there's an enormous tornado heading towards Kansas City. Man I hate this stuff. I don't fear heights, the dark, or red-headed women... but I hate tornados. Although, because of this I have had a go-bag with a bunch of stuff and another empty backpack that I just threw a bunch of non-essentials in ready for this exact purpose. So, my family are all in the basement with the dog and cat and we're just waiting it out. Wish me luck folks, and I'll post again tomorrow if I can. Take care folks.

R.D.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Update us when it's all clear! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Best of luck. I hope you and your family are spared any damage. Keep us posted when it passes.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Severe weather watch expired 15 mins ago. A small town in KS had 20 homes destroyed, and approx 200 damaged.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Severe weather watch expired 15 mins ago. A small town in KS had 20 homes destroyed, and approx 200 damaged.
I feel very sorry for those folks in KS and hope there were no fatalities. I'm very glad that you and yours are OK.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well... I'M ALIVE!! Although it's kind of tough to celebrate when people lost a lot last evening. Man. It got freakin' crazy round our parts last night. Apparently, the town of Reading in Lyon County had over 200 homes damaged and 20 completely destroyed... and, very sadly, one person has been lost. Please send your thoughts and prayers to that town as I can't even imagine what they are going through. It reminds me of what happened to Greensburg.

As for me, a man who's very afraid of natural disasters and especially tornadoes, living in KS... I suppose it is an oxymoron, but I love this state so much. I would take quite a lot for me to leave.

Well take care everybody, thanks for keeping myself and my family in your thoughts, and make sure and be thankful for every day that we have.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Glad to here you are OK. I used to travel through KS and NE and those stinking tornadoes scared the crap out of me too. Stay safe and keep the BOB handy!

·
Registered
393 Posts
We have a big tornado/hail storm headed towards us right now, I've had enough of this for the year already...watching the storm on the radar is pretty crazy, its about 15 miles west of my place right now.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay. I can't get over the devistation I am seeing on TV.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts