Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and boy am I happy with this purchase. To start off I will give you some background information on myself. This is my first handgun purchase and the FIRST handgun that I have ever fired. I am 21yrs old about 5'9" and 140lbs, I am not a big guy whatsoever. Having this in mind and being that my hands are about regular to small size I wanted to purchase the Springfield XD because it fit my hand so well. I was first going to purchase the 9mm because it is my first handgun, but I deciede to go with the .40 S&W instead. As I heard the recoil wasnt all that bad. I went with the Springfield XD 40 service model 4" in Bi-Tone.

I have been having the itch all week and finally got to take it to the range yesterday. This was my first handgun that I have ever fired and it was great. I started at the 10yrds target. My first clip that I fired, two shots out of 10 were inside the 6". I was pretty happy that I atleast hit the target on my first time. The range officer, one of my friends, helped me out with a differant grip and stance and that helped my aim even more. I was gettin probably about 8 out of 10 into the 6". I know its not that good, but its my first time to the range and I was very happy with my results. My friend however can put the whole clip within the 2" area. He is damn good. I feed about 200 rounds through it and not one mishap. No, fail to fire or fail to feeds. No problems whatsoever. I also got a chance to shoot an HK 40 S&W as well, and that is a very nice gun indeed...maybe for my next purchase... .

After my trip to the range, I took it home and gave it a nice cleaning. Field stripped it and cleaned that sucker good. I CANT WAIT TO GO AGIAN THIS WEEKEND. Next time maybe, I can bring my camera and take some pics of my shooting and the targets. This gun was an excellent purchase and I have no regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
113 Posts
sweet, Im glad your happy with your new toy. I will be picking mine up tomorrow. Cant wait!! Definately take some pics.

·
Registered
539 Posts
welcome guys... i have the xd40 service model and i love it. THere are a bunch of really knowledgable and friendly guys on this board(which is why i read here).

racinstyles.... why the name? what do you drive?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
racinstylez
This is my first handgun purchase and the FIRST handgun that I have ever fired
Learn as much as you can about shooting and above all SAFETY is one of the main points to keep in mind at all times in this "hobby".
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the shooting sports (safely). :p

clip

magazine :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric_Oh said:
welcome guys... i have the xd40 service model and i love it. THere are a bunch of really knowledgable and friendly guys on this board(which is why i read here).

racinstyles.... why the name? what do you drive?
Currently I am driving my daily driver, its a Honda Passport. I just sold my 99 Civic Si so I am in the process of looking for a new porject car. I dont know what I want yet, but I think I am going to go Euro this time. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts