Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and the family hit the range today at the WMA. I shot the Range Officer and was very impressed with it. We had to shoot at the 7 yard line, but I was able to keep a very tight group and also was shooting through the same holes. The 7 round magazine runs out pretty fast when you are accustomed to shooting the XD family. I would have used the 25 yard line but the range was full of water past the 7 yard line. The RO is now my new best friend and I feel bad for the XD-45 Service for it shall be retired to in house duty only as a House Warming Gift for anyone who may try and break in! :p

·
Registered
488 Posts
Congrats on the RO,I picked one up a couple of months ago,they are some fine shooting pistols for sure.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a fine shooter and looks good. I thought I would not like the sights, but they work very good, for me anyways. I would have to recomend it for the price and fit, as long as you can get your hands on one. The guy in the lane next to us picked up his Kimber 1911 last Tuesday. I was like yeah I just got mine too. The Kimber looked nice, but I like the looks of the RO better.

I am into the more traditional look color wise. His Kimber had sorta of a blue color to it. I supposed it was just stainless but was odd looking. Just not my type of color I guess.

I am still hung up on the fact that my first time shooting it, I just shot out the center of the target in a snap. Something I wasent able to do with my XD for a while.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
They both make really good guns and congrats on your RO. I've put over 1k rounds through my Kimber without an issue so for me, I would take my Kimber. Springer makes great guns as well. Welcome to the 1911 family. The kool-aid truly is sweeter here :twisted:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They both make really good guns and congrats on your RO. I've put over 1k rounds through my Kimber without an issue so for me, I would take my Kimber. Springer makes great guns as well. Welcome to the 1911 family. The kool-aid truly is sweeter here :twisted:
LOL I am a Mountain Dew kinda dude! :p

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I was speaking about looks more than function.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Personally if it were a carry gun, I would choose the Kimber for one reason alone. That's the sights. Adjustable sights are more prone to snagging on clothes and such as where fixed sights tend to have smoothed sights that won't catch on a shirt. I'm not saying that this discussion is about ccing by any means. Just stating that it would be a deal breaker for me as all of my pistols are setup so that I could cc them if need be. The RO is a great gun especially for the price and I'm not bashing it in any way. Just giving my personal opinion about the subject. Besides.... Kimber makes a pretty sexy gun too ;-)

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
The Range Officer has been a huge hit for Springfield, it is such a great shooter. There are a number of quality 1911's out there, but in its price range I would put the Springfield Range Officer at the top of the list.

Enjoy it!
J

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Awesome! I can't wait, 2 weeks from tomorrow I will get to shoot my new 1911!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts