Springfield XD Forum banner

Took My Wife and Daughter to the Range for the First Time

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Acheron2010 
#1 ·
My wife...

She was using my XDm 9mm 4.5"

And our daughter...

She used the same pistol that my wife had used above. These were two different times to the range and I had wanted them to know about the basics using the Info for New Shooters NRA pamphlet before we went. Now to make sure they are not overly confident the next time...

See less See more
#4 ·
Terrific! My wife and I have our weekly "date night" at the range and it's the highlight of our week! My daughters go with me whenever they can - and it's always at their request. When we introduce a person to safe firearm use, they discover several things, including a respect for (rather than an unfounded fear of) firearms and the fact that shooting is just plain good family fun!

Reactions: Mike Holts
#5 · (Edited)
Thank you, Spawnz, evilspringer and Eiger5! I have had a shotgun for a while, and my wife was not keen on my having a handgun when our six grandsons came along so I didn't buy one. But when our son and daughter in law got their CHLs in 2013, my wife saw the irony in the situation and relented, but asked that I get my CHL just to be sure I got training and properly qualified. She came to the range with me this year for my birthday in May and she enjoyed it (and so did I)!

Reactions: GarySTL and Eiger5
#8 ·
Exactly right, djoker04! I try to go there once a month with a friend and to the inside range at Bass Pro Shop with my son.

#12 ·
I'm with you Corsa80! It's nothing like having a little family bonding! After almost 45 years of marriage and since we met in high school, we have known each other for 50 years plus...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.