Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 150 rounds through my new one today. 125 assorted rounds; 50 Remington UMC FMJ, 50 American Eagle FMJ, 25 Federal RTP FMJ and 25 Federal Personal Defense JHP. I had 0 FTF or FTE. 0 problems of any kind other than getting used to the trigger, sight and the grip size.

I was pleasantly surprised with the recoil as I had been expecting quite a kick from some of the posts I have read on various forums. I certainly felt it more than my 1911s but it really didn't seem too bad.

I didn't really like the sight picture. Maybe because it was fairly dark in the range today but I found the front sight kind of tough to pick up. Debating what I want to do about that.

I did struggle with accuracy some though that's probably to be expected since I have never shot a .45 this small. Below are the results from the XDs on the left and my Sig Scorpion on the right at 10 yards after I spent some time getting used to the XD blasting away at a silhouette target.

Obviously I'm not surprised that I'm more accurate with a gun I have out about 10k rounds through but I'm not crazy about how I shot. Not sure if it was sight picture or trigger or what. I was just kind of all over the place.

I think I may want to put another 300 rounds or so through it but a trigger job might be in my future. Was anyone else hesitant to reduce the pull weight in what will be primarily a daily carry gun?

As far as sights go, I will probably go night sights since it is is a carry gun. Is there a consensus on the "best" night sights for this thing?

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
It sounds like you had a good time at the range with your new XDS .45. It took me a little time getting use to my XDS .45. Thank you for keeping us informed with your range report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Glad you had a good outing with your new XDs. I just put a PRP spring kit in mine, and am very happy. My first time at the range with the kit showed improved groups, and I had no function issues with two types of factory ammo or reloads. There are a lot of comments on the spring kit on the forum, so you might want to read up a bit before doing it. There are also some great videos on installation. Have fun!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I noticed my accuracy improved after the PRP spring kit, and night sights. Most people go with TFOs but I prefer XS sights, contact ajamesp51 he is a well known armorer here he does an excellent job with a quick turn around.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Great shooting for the first time out. Here's some Truglo TFO's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I second the TFO's. I have them on all my carry guns except for my XDs. I'll send it to James when the time comes.

I have a PRP spring kit on my XDs (.45) on mine, as well as a Talon rubber grip. Takes a little bite out of the grip texture.

I changed the front fiber optic out from red to the green/yellow. Much easier to pick up for my eyes.

Great shooting, thanks for the range report. I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing the same ol' guns shot ;). I could watch Hickok45 shoot the same guns every day lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts