Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time shooting it, holy crap I love this gun. I traded in a Sig Mosquito for it, and I'm so glad I did.

I'd post pictures if I could figure out how, but my first 10 rounds out were a nice 3" or so group, which for me is great right now since that was my first range visit in over 2 1/2 years (overseas assignment).

No regrets at all, and if anyone's asking I'd recommend this gun to anyone.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Congrats on the Ruger. My Mark III is the funnest gun I own.

Remember this: For take down and reassembly, youtube is your friend.

kypix

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
No Mark III for me yet. I have owned a couple of Mark IIs that I really liked. I wonder how much money Ruger has made off that Mark series of guns. Pretty crazy that two of the biggest names in guns now are Glock and Ruger. One made his name off of plastic guns and the other off of a rimfire pistol. Go figure.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
It's probably right behind the 10/22 as their best selling model.

I like the MK and 22/45. Between them and the Buckmark you'd have to spend 4 digits to find something that'll out shoot them.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Took mine to the range today too since the wife wanted to practice, so I took a few hours off work to go practice with her and give her a little guidance.

I started drifting to the right with my shots, but I'm still very impressed with the pistol (not so much with myself, though):

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I love shooting a mk 2 but damn the takedown is far from simple. It's not horrible, just need a rubber mallet.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I love shooting a mk 2 but damn the takedown is far from simple. It's not horrible, just need a rubber mallet.
That is the one reason I like my Buckmark better than my Mark II. Much easier to take down and more importantly, put back together. Thank God for YouTube videos.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
That is the one reason I like my Buckmark better than my Mark II. Much easier to take down and more importantly, put back together. Thank God for YouTube videos.
Yup. It wouldn't be so bad but the bulk .22 ammo that we all get giddy over when it is in stock is dirtier than hell. Even the difference between federal 550 bulk and cci mini mags is very noticeable.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I bought a house recently to rent out. Found a box of Remington .22lr with a 69 cent price tag FROM KMART! How old is that? I remember buying ammo at K-Mart when I was a kid. Does that make me old?

kypix

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Just looked it up. Surprised to see that K-Mart did not stop selling ammo until 1999 (pressure from Rosie O after Columbine.) They did continue to sell shotgun shells though.

I just remember getting ammo there in the 1970s. Guess I have not been in a K-Mart since then.

kypix

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
So true.

I miss getting mini mags for 3 bucks a pack. And still thinking that was a lot for .22
I would go back to that right now. Damn I miss those days.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Just looked it up. Surprised to see that K-Mart did not stop selling ammo until 1999 (pressure from Rosie O after Columbine.) They did continue to sell shotgun shells though.

I just remember getting ammo there in the 1970s. Guess I have not been in a K-Mart since then.

kypix
Screw that fat **** bitch. Such a whale. Man the harpoons!

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I bought a house recently to rent out. Found a box of Remington .22lr with a 69 cent price tag FROM KMART! How old is that? I remember buying ammo at K-Mart when I was a kid. Does that make me old?

kypix
It sure don't make you young!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts

kypix
I'd swear I remembered seeingbthem sell handguns at one point. Or maybe it was Wal-Mart. It'd have been in the 80's

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
K-Mart quit selling handguns in the 1970s.

kypix

p.s. to OP - didn't mean to take away from your excitement over the Mk. Sometimes these threads take on a life of their own.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, this MkIII is FUN to shoot. I didn't put a lot of rounds through it today, but know the takedown has to happen. I looked at some vids Ruger has on their website for the takedown/cleaning, that was actually why I originally bought the Mosquito…I regret that big time now.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
yeah, this MkIII is FUN to shoot. I didn't put a lot of rounds through it today, but know the takedown has to happen. I looked at some vids Ruger has on their website for the takedown/cleaning, that was actually why I originally bought the Mosquito…I regret that big time now.
It's really not bad, just annoying. Ok, putting it together can be a real beeyatch sometimes.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Nah, not the worst. People stress it too much. I like cleaning my guns. Throw on some tv and a cold beer and it's a nice evening.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts