Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Friend scored a nice 125-150 pound Sow with my Ruger PC 9 carbine . I loaded it with 147 grain Lead Flat Point Bullets that leave my Springfield Armory OSP XDM 9MM Pistol at 1,100 FPS so out of the Ruger PC 9 Carbines 16.5 " Barrel they are a little bit faster in FPS . I have killed several Deer Coyotes and Hogs with both 9mm Pistol & Carbine Rifle in the past . This was my friends first time out Hunting Hogs we were in the woods no longer than one half hour and he made his first Wild Hog Kill. We packed up the hog and took it straight to the butcher where this SOW will Yield about 75 Pounds of Southern Hot Sausage Links . There are some 300 & 400 Pounders still in the area .Thus far this year I have killed over 400 Hog , 44 Coyotes , 4 Bob Cats in my Feral Hog & Coyote Eradication Business I own and operate here in South Carolina. I have had several contracts with City , County ,State , Federal Properties Plagued with Feral Hogs & Coyotes , I Remove them from Farms where the Hogs are Destroying Crops , I have taken them out of Residential Housing areas , Airfields, Golf Courses. I have been busy for the past year and a half.

BLACK COYOTE FEET , NOSE , GUMS , LIPS , TONGUE ARE ALL BLACK !I have killed several with 9mm Carbine.

·
Administrator
17,368 Posts
Nice. Ill be throeing a couole more quarters on the smoker for pulled pork soon.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ps can I have a job I've got a nice. 308 that needs to exercise
I have a US FORESTRY Contract bid pending I will keep you posted , I will need to hire some people that will work Sundown to Sunup on a few locations around the USA.

·
Administrator
17,368 Posts
Black hunting matters damn dawg I want to go hog hunting. Here in TX they are everywhere but farmers want to charge 250-300 a day to shoot grats to your friend
Well I have to drive 10 hours and pay 5-7 for two. I would lobe to have a freezer full of hog.

Reactions: MrBoxx

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
Nice...the Ruger PC9 that 9mm out of that longer barrel has to be scooting along pretty good

The Ruger PC9 Carbine has a 16.12 inch heavy, fluted barrel and that can mean a big performance increase, compared to pistol exterior ballistics. With a four inch pistol and Cor-Bon JHP +P 125 grain rounds, you can expect a muzzle velocity (MV) around 1226 fps. Out of this Ruger carbine, the same round jumps to about 1430 fps.

Contingent on the specific cartridge, you are getting somewhere in the area of a 20% increase in muzzle velocity. The Hornady 115 grain Critical Defense round jumps from 1140 fps to 1378 fps out of the Ruger PC9. While this does not turn the 9mm Luger into a real rifle cartridge, it is a significant jump for home defense and 9mm makes a very pleasant round with which to plink. In addition, most people can shoot a carbine more accurately than the handgun, even at indoor distances.

I recently picked up a Foxtrot Mike FM9 5" for $599 and I guarantee it ain't poking em out that fast!

very nice on the takedown of such a large animal!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice. Ill be throeing a couole more quarters on the smoker for pulled pork soon.
You bring the cold ones I will bring the Pork.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts