Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Boss and I took our CWP class last night here in Salt Lake City. We both have XD-40 Subcompacts (mine is bio-tone though :D) The instructor was showing different types of guns and how to load, unload, clean etc. When It came time to show off auto loaders he pulled out his Glock and loaded it, and said...."now is there anyway to tell if this is loaded?...." and then he answered his own question..."no"..... I spoke up and said, I can on my XD!! .......If looks could kill I woudn't be here today. He was such a Glock fan boy. Anyway, I thought I would share that.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Hahahaha... dumb Gl**ks. I think people like them or want them just because the name is famous. I test-shot one next to my XD. The Gl**k felt top-heavy and awkward. You can see by my signature which one I bought. Twice. :D

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sooch said:
...."now is there anyway to tell if this is loaded?...."
I'm HOPING his next point was going to be about RULE #1

Treat EVERY gun as is if it were loaded. It doesn't matter what that little chamber indicator tells you.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Sooch said:
When It came time to show off auto loaders he pulled out his Glock and loaded it, and said...."now is there anyway to tell if this is loaded?...." and then he answered his own question..."no"
Locking the slide back and examining the chamber isn't an option? ;-)

(+1 on RULE #1)

·
Registered
81 Posts
the new glocks have a LCI on the extractor (that I might add, actually extracts the round from the chamber :p).

Also, I personally wouldn't trust the dummy lights on any pistol, press check it to make sure.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts