Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's a glock FREAK.

He's also an ex DI for the marines. LOL

We spent some serious range time today and, he spent some time trying to trade two of his precious glocks for a pair of XD autos when we left the range.

After he shot mine, he was HOOKED. He shot my .45 better than he could ever shoot his 9mm.

He's now a convert. God bless him. The trigger hooked him.... ( not that the XD trigger is all that great from the factory but, it is still an improvement )

he's a good shot already but, he punched the center out of everything with the XD. ( I still gave him some lessons though ) LOL 1.5" groups at 10yds Damn, I love this pistol and, I'm loving it more and more.

I've got a serious pistol but, to be honest, this pistol is more fun to just shoot.

Hell, I was double tapping this thing and, it just felt like it was supposed to feel.

I'm amazed at how much of a quality pistol this thing is for the money.

Hell, I've got a Colt Gold Cup National Match Series 70 accurized even more nad trigger work and, extended spring guide, new busings etc. etc. but, the XD is fantastic. Can't compare the pistols.... 1lb trigger pull is way different but, the XD shines! I'll never carry the 1911 but, I'll carry the XD and, It's WAY better than I'd ever hoped it would be.

Thanks, Springfield!

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
jwoolf,
That sounds like an excellent day, and ... All the XD comments you made ... I'll second every one of them ... From a practical standpoint it's a damn fine pistol.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
I dunno why a super light trigger, and a short pull, is so sought after. I like the XD trigger, I can take up the slack, and squeeze just a bit harder for accurate shots, or stiffen up my grip, and take shots fast by taking up the slack before the gun settles back on target from the recoil. A lighter trigger, and I'd be taking more time between shots GUESSING when it's going to go bang. Probably would be more accurate though because I'd be forced to steady on target better. Slow shots a light trigger takes the twitch factor out, but I don't seem to have that problem. I dunno, I'll leave it alone. :)

·
Banned
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's too bad that Gary's wife called when she did... if she hadn't called, he would already own an XD, I believe.

He's always been all about the Glocks but, after shooting about 20 rounds through an XD, He's going to get one.

I also told him about the magazine deal if he gets it right away ( before the 15th ) so, he was drooling. haha

He was so blown away, in fact, that He was looking in the gun case for one and, he wants the EXACT model set up as mine. He doesn't want to consider a 5" model or non-compact version. It's got to be the exact pistol as far as he's concerned. ( 4" compact .45 auto ) LOL

It was pretty flattering to see him freaking over this pistol.

·
Banned
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dunno why a super light trigger, and a short pull, is so sought after. I like the XD trigger, I can take up the slack, and squeeze just a bit harder for accurate shots, or stiffen up my grip, and take shots fast by taking up the slack before the gun settles back on target from the recoil. A lighter trigger, and I'd be taking more time between shots GUESSING when it's going to go bang. Probably would be more accurate though because I'd be forced to steady on target better. Slow shots a light trigger takes the twitch factor out, but I don't seem to have that problem. I dunno, I'll leave it alone. :)
Eh, I love the light trigger on the gold cup. It takes getting used to but, after you do get used to it, it's hard to beat. You're not going to move the pistol when you fire the shot. Just think about pulling the trigger and it snaps. It's not so light that it's dangerous but, it's a very light and crisp trigger.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Sounds like a great time. I have taken many friends and family to the range to shoot my Xd's unfortunately they are all new shooters so no converts but all of them love the XD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts