Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)I took my 21 year old son and his 19 year old girlfriend to the range today. Amber has never been around guns of any kind. She asked me if I would teach here how to shoot yesterday. She is a collage student at the UofA and new I was a gun nut. She is visiting for a few days and said she has always wanted to learn to shoot but has never had the chance to. I had a safety class at the house before we ever left and another at the range before we started shooting. It is a real joy to teach a good student how to safely operate a pistol. She really did a good job. I started her with a Ruger 22/45 then to a .38 s&w 686 then she shot my .40 , 4.5 XDM. She had a blast shooting is all she has been talking about all day. She is going back to Fayetteville Friday but has asked if I would take her again when she comes back Thanksgining. I think I had as much fun as she did. It was very rewarding teaching a young lady to shoot .:cool:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Well done Sir. Teaching others to shoot is one of the few things I enjoy more than shooting. Especially when everyone leaves the lesson with the same amount of holes that they came with.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thats very cool. One thing out of your post I really like is how she was willing to bond with her boyfriends parents. Some girls or guys don't do that much with their significant others family which is sad.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
That's excellent! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts