Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I needed to put some more rounds through my recently purchased LC9 and decided to bring along a friend who had never shot a handgun before. I also brought my XD45 along because it's seriously been too long since I've aired it out.

She was really nervous at first and didn't want to shoot but after some coaching and persuasion she loosened up and grabbed up the LC9. I loaded one round and let her chamber it, she fired off the shot and turned around with a huge smile...can't say I wasn't surprised.

She then moved on to the .45 and ended up liking it more than the LC9 (can't blame her, the lc9 is awfully jumpy and takes some getting used to)

All in all she had a blast and is already begging me to take her back. I love getting people into shooting and teaching them the proper ways to handle a firearm..

quick pic of her making sure OBL is dead...

yeah yeah the grouping ain't so great but we were just having some fun

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Good job!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Im also from Houston, which range is this?

·
Registered
403 Posts
This is great. Getting some actual trigger time with people who are safe and responsible is a great way for people to get past irrational thinking about guns or to never form those unfounded opinions.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Its funny how many people like shooting that disliked guns before they tried them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Might want to have her work on her grip a little :)

I love bringing newbies to the range. Most of them are scared/nervous their first time out. Some of the people I bring tell me that they just plain don't like guns because they're dangerous. They always change their mind after going shooting. They end up loving it, they always fire off that first mag and turn around with the biggest smile on their face. I love it.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Great that you got a newb out and she loved it. And yes, fix her grip. That should help her manage recoil a little better.

Well done hackyzac!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah she kept moving that left hand, it's a work in progress :)

·
Premium Member
23,690 Posts
first off thank you for bringing a female into the shooting world ,, we cant have to many, as they tend to decide to vote pro gun when they like them and shooting , and as we all know we need all the pro gun voters we can get these days! looks like shes doin ok, the grip and alot of other things will come around for her in time , right now she just need to get comfty with handguns and the range itself, thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts