Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this year I bought my first pistol, an XD40sc. Loved it, but had to get rid of it. Long story short, I missed it and wanted another XD.
I traded for an XD45 tactical about a month ago, and liked the 45, but it was too big to carry. I then bought an XD40sc in OD for carry. While I was waiting for it to arrive I ended up buying an XD45c.
Since I now had the new XD45 I tried selling the Tactical, but ended up trading for a new XD45 service in Dark Earth.
So my problem is, I can't justify keeping all three. Which one should I keep, I like all three?
BTW, this isn't really a very bad problem to have

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Keep the XD45C and the XD40SC at least. I don't see any particular advantages that the service has over the compact so I'm inclined to say that you probably should've kept the tactical and used it for IDPA :razz:

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Keep the XD45C and the XD40SC at least. I don't see any particular advantages that the service has over the compact so I'm inclined to say that you probably should've kept the tactical and used it for IDPA :razz:
+1 keep 40sc and 45c

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
+2.

I love the Service models, but the Compact can imitate a Service and have the option of the shorter grip for easier concealment.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've owned three too.

I had the XD9SC, the XD45 Service, and a XD45 Tactical. I sold the Tactical, as the 4" carried better and shot just as well.

I prefer the XD9SC over the 40 version for muzzle control.

With the SC, and the compact, you'll have best of both worlds.

JW

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I would keep the compacts...Especially if you want them to carry

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I'll be happy to take the xD-45 service off your hands! My xD-9 needs a "big brother"!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Easy decision. Sell me the XD 45C

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
I have 3 myself. One of the subbies is off to BIL though. Sell the service, keep the diversity.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'm going to against the grain here and say keep the 45 service and the 45 compact.

If you do this, you'll have consolidated calibers and won't have to worry about buying .40 and .45 or buying reloading equipment for .40 and .45 (if you reload).

Also, you won't have to worry about magazines, either, as both guns can us the same mags.

In my ideal world, I'd keep the service as my sometimes carry SHTF pistol (I don't want to mess with the spacers during SHTF events - just another thing that might not work right for whatever reason). I'd also have the 45c for concealed carry. IIRC, the short grip on the 45c is almost as short as that of the 40sc so you're not giving up anything.

Just my thoughts - take them as you will.

joe

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
I have three (two- 45s, one-9m) and almost got rid of the 9mm but thought better of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts