Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting better but I still have a ways to go. I put 100 rounds through my XD45c today and for the most part I've corrected my shooting too low, 6 o'clock, problem. Today I would say out of the 100 rounds I put 15 +/- in the 2 inch center circle. Almost all of the rest ran to the right, towards 9 o'clock. Looking at one of the targets that tells you what you are doing wrong I now see that I am using "Too Little Trigger Finger."

Can someone please explain what is "Too Little Trigger Finger?" Thanks

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
A gimmick used to sell those targets that tell you what you are doing wrong.

Read the sticky on accurate shooting and you will probably find that you need to work on your finger control =)

They say press the trigger, not pull.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Right is 9 0clock?
Dang left people got everything bassasswards, just funning.
Maybe you need to put more of your trigger finger on the trigger. Maybe to the first joint.
Cheers
Hillbilly Jim

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try dry firing more. This is the cheapest way to correct your problem. Just follow your front sight and see where it moves once you pull the trigger.

I had a similar problem while shooting my XD in .40. I'm a lefty so when I pulled the trigger, my muzzle pushed to the left. Turns out while dry firing, I noticed that I had too little trigger finger. Most videos you watch say to use the pad of your finger when pulling the trigger, but if it's causing you to push the muzzle, it's no good. I now shot my XD with first joint on my trigger finger.

First time going to the range after correcting my finger placement I shot this:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Most of those targets are geared toward Bullseye shooters who fire with one hand. Problems are amplified when you don't have the "off" hand to stabilize the gun. Concentrate on follow through, keeping the sight picture until after you see the hole come in the target, and it won't matter how little of your finger you have on the trigger. Too much finger in the trigger guard is more of a problem. You should be fine with more practice and paying more attention to every shot.

·
Registered
693 Posts
maybe a little more thumb? you could apply some more strength with your thumb and that will help move it back towards the center!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts