Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a tommy gun.I was looking at one last weekend just out of curosity. I haven,t been able to get it off my mind all week. I may have to get one. Can anyone give a report an how well they function. or just an opinion

·
Registered
566 Posts
marty I sold mine last year.it was a great shooter never had a problem with it.
these really like cast loads and I shot a bunch of the 200 gr swc's thru mine.there wasn't a coke can that was safe in texas:D:D.I gave 800.00 otd for mine but I am sure they have gone up in price now.
pete

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got to thinking that I have been gathering .45acp supply's for many years.It might be a good weapon to have since I have a lot of ammo.But only if they functioned reliable.

·
Registered
378 Posts
A friend of mine has a NFA Thompson, w/ a ton of rounds through it, never had a issue that wasn't his fault(improperly sized reload).

They are very very controlable during rapid fire, I've shot NFA Mac11 and the Thompson and it just stays right where you put it...the mac you have to let off just to see the target.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I own 2, an A1 Deluxe and the Tommy pistol. Both are great shooters. I've found they like FMJ 230gr ball ammo best but function well with hard cast ball. To be honest, they aren't something you'd ever take out hunting, they're just for fun shooting at the range. And yes, they are very accurate. I can walk a pop bottle up and over the top of a 14' earthen berm at 50yds with my A1.

·
Registered
364 Posts
theres a Sheriff or deputy in Texas that carries the Tommy Gun instead of an AR for his on duty rifle..

it was in a weapons episode on some tv DH channel.. hmmm

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
theres a Sheriff or deputy in Texas that carries the Tommy Gun instead of an AR for his on duty rifle..

it was in a weapons episode on some tv DH channel.. hmmm
I'd do it if admin would let me...just for the style points!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I recently traded a VOlunteer Arms Command Mark 3. It's a Tommy Gun Clone made from sheet metal and. Uses grease gun mags. It's a pretty decent shooter for about half the price of the current Tommy Guns. It was a lot of fun to shoot, even for the ladies. Function was 100% with cheap WWB ammo. I really wish I still had it.:(

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
It is freakin mega heavy, I don't think I would carry it lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts