Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a beautiful Sig SP2022 on lay-a-way. It popped into my head today that I could bring it home today if I traded one of my guns towards the balance.

The new gun:

The gun in question:

Its an older Rossi .38 snubby, in about 95% condition. I think I paid $250 for it several years ago, used. I way over paid. Its a good gun though. Functions great. Shoots great. I haven't shot it though in several years. I like my old and classic Smith and Wesson Model 36 better.

If I can get $100 to $150 in trade towards the SP2022, should I do it? If I do, I get to take the SP2022 home today, clean it, load it, and tote it!
Arguements for or against please!

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh come on guys!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Trade up. I don't like the Rossi anyways, but how much are you going to need the revolver? Will it ever be carried?
I loved my revolvers, but they never got used. There was no need for them, even my truck gun was cheaper, reliable and held 13 rounds (CZ82)

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Trade it. If you trade a gun you don't use, for a gun you will use then it's always a good trade.

+1 Besides, SIGs are just... fun ;)

Oh yea.. edit to add... Roll Tide :D

·
Registered
464 Posts
Trade it off...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Have you checked what a similar used one goes for online and the online auctions web sites? Maybe it will be worth your while to sell it and get a few more bucks out of it then what they would give you for a trade in value.

It also depends on what it is actually worth to you. Yeah you may not shoot it much, but the sentamental value (first gun, given to you by family, etc...) may be worth more to you than the actual monetary value.

That Sig is nice!!!

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The deal is done. I am looking at a Sig SP2022 hat sitting here on my coffee table. They came in exactly what I wanted on the cheapo' Rossi. Awesome!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I'd get rid of the Rossi and bring home the Sig...Good luck...:)

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just stripped the gun down and did a really good cleaning on it. I have to say, its a really nicely constructed firearm

Positives:
-Great ergonomics
-Nice fit and finish, quality
-Nice trigger!
-Looks great!

Negatives:
-complicated fire control group
-looks to be a pain in the ass to do a full break down on
-same size and capacity as my GLOCK duty weapon, but with a smaller caliber

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Congrats on your new Sig..
I have no problem getting rid of one unwanted firearm to buy another wanted firearm.
Just look at my classified ads on this forum..:shock::oops:
But I'd first try to sell it outright in a private sale over trading it in.

Although sometimes trading it in is worth the hassle of not having to organize a FTF sale.
So I certainly understand your actions..

Now start saving for that P229 or P226 you're going to want...;)

·
21,985 Posts
Sell it. You seem to have pretty good luck on this forum!:)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great pics of a great handgun. Anyone know if the 2022 can use standard Sig night sights? If so, I might pick one up. Congrats to the op, not to be intrusive but do you mind sharing what you paid?

·
Registered
957 Posts
A wise trade up. Fantasic shooters, I have over 1K trouble free rounds through mine and going strong, if you are looking to replace the plastic guide rod, I would suggest going with Steve Bedair.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like these Sig models probably share the same sites:
220, 225, 226, 228, 229, 239 and PRO

I got my pistol for $329 used, plus they threw in a new mag for it, for $14 (marked at $38.99). The box says mine SigPro was manufactured in Dec 2010! I'm thrilled with this thing. What a nice gun!

Yeah, gonna do a stainless guide rod, and maybe a Crimson Trace laser grip or a tac light and appropriate holster. I am leaning towards the light as I carry one on my duty weapon and I am awake all night, sleep during the days! Then, I will get another barrel for it and send that off to ADCO to be threaded for use with my suppressor.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts