Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's a question

Currently have a XDM and am looking to get another gun to join it and the wife's sig. Was looking at the .40 XDSC for example to be used as a carry.

Reason is same ammo for both guns so perhaps a bit of cost savings but am I missing something by ignoring the poor 9mm/45 orphans at the gunshop?

Just looking to decide before end of the month as its 18th anniversary and as we all know the 18th anniversary is the GUN one at least that's what I am telling her....:wink:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Personally, I would stick with the .40. I wouldn't want to start stockpiling another caliber of ammo if it wasn't absolutely necessary. If you are certain that you will eventually get a 9mm pistol (ie: XDm 9), I would then consider the XD9SC but if you have no real plans on a 9mm pistol, I would just stay strictly with .40.

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I bought my 9mm XD Service in part because it is cheaper to shoot. You can get 100 rounds of 9mm for around $20.

If I were to get a second gun, I think it'd be a .45. I'm reloading so ammo wouldn't be that big a deal.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have a gun in just about every caliber and it doesn't seem to be an issue. The only thing I would say is that when you have different types of guns it is very easy to become confused with how they operate. SIGs, 1911s, CZs, and XD all have different location for key components like safeties, mag release, and decockers. If I were only going to own a couple of guns I would want to have the same configuration as my carry gun. Thats my $.02. :smile:

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i say stick with the 40 but i would try to find a SC to shoot first since 40s have a sharp recoil that is a lot worse with a smaller gun

·
Registered
250 Posts
45 all the way. Best possible caliber for real use. 380 for minimal clothing and "always there." 22 for lots and lots of cheap target practice. Big magnum of some kind if you're a hunter. That about covers it. Other calibers seem more or less unnecessary.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Since we felt that 40 was a good round, we decided to stick with. Both pistols are 40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts