Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product in question: Crossbreed supertuck for XD-40

Trying to conceal this sucker is a pain but I love the gun, and thought about getting a sub-compact but I want to stick with the 4'' barrel so then I thought about the grip chop but do not want to void my warranty.

so the real question is do you think the supertuck do a well enough job at concealing? I already have a Galco Kingtuk IWB holster but at times it is not too comfortable and sometimes pretty hard to re holster the XD.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
i vote for buy it. i have one for my 40sc and people cant find it printing even when theyre looking. comfortable too

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Not sure who, but know that there a few custom shops out there that will grip chop your 4" for you professionally.

As far as the the crossbeed supertuck, I don't have one but people here SWEAR by them. This Comp-Tac Minotaur Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster is not quite the Mastodon the Supertuck is and is said to be comfortable. It also has the ability to change out to different pistols buy purchasing different kydex shells.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really love how fast people on this forum reply to questions.

Yeah I went into a gun shop and asked about concealable holsters and asked about the supertuck and one of the customers had one on and said it was the most comfortable holster he has used to date and he was in his late 40's. Sucks it takes so long for them to make them for you though.

and about the grip chop, even if you have a professional gunsmith do the chop it voids the limited lifetime warranty on the frame. I think I might just pass on it and save up and purchase a SC and choose which one to carry based on my clothing choice that day. I don't think the 1'' difference is going to weigh down my option of having my warranty be voided on a 500 dollar piece.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I went with the XDm 3.8 and love it. I also have it in the Crossbreed and can say it lives up to the hype.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Really love how fast people on this forum reply to questions.

Yeah I went into a gun shop and asked about concealable holsters and asked about the supertuck and one of the customers had one on and said it was the most comfortable holster he has used to date and he was in his late 40's. Sucks it takes so long for them to make them for you though.

and about the grip chop, even if you have a professional gunsmith do the chop it voids the limited lifetime warranty on the frame. I think I might just pass on it and save up and purchase a SC and choose which one to carry based on my clothing choice that day. I don't think the 1'' difference is going to weigh down my option of having my warranty be voided on a 500 dollar piece.
Not trying to be a ********, but thought I'd pass on an observation:

If you're willing to spend enough money to buy a second gun, wouldn't it be cheaper to just do the grip chop, and IF you have a problem that they won't fix because you voided the warranty, THEN buy a new gun with the same money?

FWIW, I ordered a holster from another mfgr for my XDM 40 3.8 earlier this week, looks to be a similar product to the CBST, with a better lead time and price. Hope to have it in the next week or so; not going to rave about it until I have it, but so far from a customer service standpoint I'm impressed. I do have a CBST I just got for my Kahr to compare it to, but unfortunately my Kahr is headed back for repair, so I have a gun with no holster (XDm) and a holster with no gun...:(

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
The CBST is a great holster.I tried my buddies XDm in mine and I had no problem concealing it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not trying to be a ********, but thought I'd pass on an observation:

If you're willing to spend enough money to buy a second gun, wouldn't it be cheaper to just do the grip chop, and IF you have a problem that they won't fix because you voided the warranty, THEN buy a new gun with the same money?

FWIW, I ordered a holster from another mfgr for my XDM 40 3.8 earlier this week, looks to be a similar product to the CBST, with a better lead time and price. Hope to have it in the next week or so; not going to rave about it until I have it, but so far from a customer service standpoint I'm impressed. I do have a CBST I just got for my Kahr to compare it to, but unfortunately my Kahr is headed back for repair, so I have a gun with no holster (XDm) and a holster with no gun...:(
Don't worry I didn't take anything you said offensively. Its a valid question and I have thought about it a lot.

1 new sub-compact mag- $25 to $45
Grip chop- $70 to $90
Shipping to there - about $20 give or take
Shipping back- I've seen a few do it for free

& the time it takes for them to do the grip chop I would be gunless which if I found a local gun smith willing to do it I might lean more to it but I have yet to find one in WA.

so depending on what quality I would like done it could range from low $100 to the high $200's. The price of a new sub-compact with the type of discounts I can get is around $500 to $550 so I am really only spending $300 to $400 more and I would end up having an extra gun to leave at home and if I ever had to send one in I would never be gun less.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had my 3.8 XDM in a Crossbreed for all of a week, hated it - sold it (the holster).
what made you hate it may I ask? I saw that the CB tucks into the pants a little better than the Galco and it seems its easier to re holster but I do not know if I want to spend that much right this minute but will def think about it

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I now have two XDs and one XDm. I have no desire to get a crossbreed,.I find the Galco Summer Comfort to work very, very, well. Not interested in a tuckable at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 4.5 XDM 40, and it conceals very well with the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC Holster. There's some imprinting when wearing tighter fitting tshirts, but I have yet to have anyone notice. The imprint is much less from my XDM on my right hip than my Otterbox on the left hip! I am very pleased with the quality of the leather and being able to adjust the height of the IWB holster to exactly where I want it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I recently purchased a Crossbreed SuperTuck and disliked the holster. I bought it to use with my 1911's, and it just didn't wear well. I have gone back to carrying my 1911's in a Summer Special 2 or a Black OPS Pro from Pure Kustom. I carry my XDm in a Black OPS Pro from Pure Kustom.

I will say that the craftsmanship of the Cressbreed holster is of high quality. It just wasn't for me. I'm not sure if this is due to body type or simply my person preference.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I LOVE my Supertuck! I bought it not knowing how it would be one way or another. I use it all the time. I swap my .45xdm 4.5 and my 9mmXDM 3.8. Just depends on what I am in the mood for carrying. I find it to be very comfortable and it conceals both my guns very well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts