Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been mulling over doing an AR build. I was thinking I would buy a stripped lower and a bunch of mags and ammo over time and then finish the build with the tax return next spring. The big "BUTT" (pun intended) in the plan is IF, god forbid, Obama gets in will I be able to finish the build. I was old enough to buy guns during the last AWB but I wasn't interested in AW's at the time. So I'm not sure what the last one looked like. So if Richard Cranium gets into the White House will I still be able to finish my build, and if I can, do you think it will cost me an arm and a leg, if another AWB happens??? :confused: Thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Here are my assumptions:

I think Obama will get elected. I also don't necessarily think that its a given that the dems will follow up with a gun ban... (they have picked up alot of representatives in places like Montana and Virginia who are pro gun). Even if they do a gun ban, it will likely take many months to get through and go into effect. Any gun ban would likely be modelled on the last one. So even if he gets in, even if they do a ban, even if its modelled after the last awb, as long as you have the receiver you will be fine.

D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I tend to agree w/ GlockConvert above. First of all, I think that Dems have learned that guns are a sacrosanct issue for a lot of people and that they have more to lose than gain by being openly anti-gun.

Secondly, any new gun law (AWB-esque or otherwise) would have several hurdles to clear before it became law. With everything else going on in the world right now, I can't believe that gus issues would top the agendas of very many senators and representatives right now. There are much bigger fish to fry.

I was in a couple of gun stores yesterday, and it seemed that everyone was talking about how it's important to stock up on everything now before Obama gets into office. Please relax, everyone - it's not time to panic just yet.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys I'm definitely going to start an AR build!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the input guys I'm definitely going to start an AR build!!!!:mrgreen:
I would say start it now and get as much as you can before Obama takes office. Unfortunately, I do think he will win, and he has already shown his true colors on hatred of gun owners. Hopefully I am just paranoid and McCain will squeek on out. As far as Obama, if it barks like a dog.........

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
No way to tell now who'll win. Could be when a lot of folks enter the privacy of the voting booth, they'll just not be able to vote for somebody as radical and inexperienced as Obama. One of my progeny is a practicing attorney; another is a third-year law student. If either called me up and said, "Dad, I've decided to become a community organizer," I'd be a pissed-off dad! Besides, who the hell wants a chain-smoking addict in the White House?!

Having said that, I'd go ahead and get a stripped lower and start buying parts. What harm could that do? Since we don't have gun registration in most states, how would anybody enforce a ban on something that was purchased before the ban?

Then there's ex post facto!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here's how I look at it. I wish McCain would be elected but think Obama will be elected. If he is, the price of anything gun related will go up. Even if a AWB isn't the first thing on the agenda, just the fact that it might happen will see an increase in demand for possible banned items. I too was uninterested in guns during the first ban but have taken a liking to them. I feel the next (possible) ban will be more encompassing with fewer loop holes. Get your gun stuff now.

Scott

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thanks for the input guys I'm definitely going to start my FIRST OF MANY AR builds!!!!:mrgreen:
there you go i fixed it for you buddy.

Here's how I look at it. I wish McCain would be elected but think Obama will be elected. If he is, the price of anything gun related will go up. Even if a AWB isn't the first thing on the agenda, just the fact that it might happen will see an increase in demand for possible banned items. I too was uninterested in guns during the first ban but have taken a liking to them. I feel the next (possible) ban will be more encompassing with fewer loop holes. Get your gun stuff now.

Scott
lets not get ahead of our selves both McCain and Palin have been schooling their opponents in the debates so far to bad there will not be more VP debates Palin was destroying biden the other night.

and of course Obama's idea of fixing the economy is by spending another $8 billion so exactly where do we think that money is going to come from id rather see a $380 tax cut from mccain than a promise of a 1k cut from obama that will likely never happen.

not to mention that most of economic problems right now are clintons fault after all who started the whole housing market by forcing lenders to issue more loans to lo income and minority families instead of lending based on credit worthiness do we really need another president that seems to think that you can fix and economy by spending more money, taking away guns, and really has no experience not to mention his drug habit that he openly admits to in his book running our country.

i think not McCain is not the answer either but he beat the alternative.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
and of course Obama's idea of fixing the economy is by spending another $800 billion so exactly where do we think that money is going to come from id rather see a $380 tax cut from mccain than a promise of a 1k cut from obama that will likely never happen.
There. I fixed your post for you. ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there you go i fixed it for you buddy.
LOL Thanks TJ!!!! Don't I wish it would be the first of many!!!! I've had a tough time talking the MRS into starting my first in fact we've already had the you gotta slow down the gun spending until Christmas talk. I can understand cause we have 4 kids. I'm hoping to have a stripped lower (local shop has a DPMS for $119) and some mags and some ammo then finish with a Del-Ton kit in Feb. when I get my tax return.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts