Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick one: This is about the hi-cap xd-40 mags.

I want to get the hi-cap xd-40 clips that have 12 drilled holes for each bullet so you can see exactly how many u have left in the mag.

I have seen some somewhere, and I was wondering if that is going to be the standard, or if those mags are special.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
From what I've, what you described is is going to be the new design (just as it is on Glock mags). I am sure there are some out there with the old design, which will be gone soon enough.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the glocks have drilled holes for every bullet on their mags...I think its a great idea, I never liked the 3 holes on the backs of the xd mags. I know this guy in Washington that has 10 high cap mags, but they only have the 3 holes in the back....sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
I am sort of a binary person. Stuff 'em full. Shoot 'em empty.

How many in the mag? It's full.
How many in the mag? It's empty.

So this post is either a lot of help, or none at all. :D

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Don said:
I am sort of a binary person. Stuff 'em full. Shoot 'em empty.

How many in the mag? It's full.
How many in the mag? It's empty.

So this post is either a lot of help, or none at all. :D
Makes perfect sense to me.

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
exactly....black version....perfect.

Are these just for show, or is Springfield actually producing/selling these to the public already?

·
Registered
252 Posts
ooh, really? black ones? I'm a fan of the plain darker finishes. I guess I'll have to expand the mag collection a bit if thats the case. 6 15 rounders and 2 10s isnt enough anyway. :oops:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Oh. You get my hopes up! :evil:

Just kidding, I should have looked closer. I do like the new hole design though.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Oh no thats a stainless magazine just like any other stock xd mag, the mag is in a shadow.
what is with the red lettering though?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
lacquer stick engraving paint like you would use to fill in the engravings on cameras. It makes the numbers stick out better during the day. And is a more permanant filler that wont melt, up to 600 degrees.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I really like the stainless mags. They are easier to spot in my range bag. If it is easier to tell how many rounds are in a mag I dont think I will mind.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
if you like the black look, you can have the stainless blacked at a local metal finisher that does surface coatings. I have had stainless parts blacked to cut reflectivity for vision systems that I've designed in the past.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just bought a new xd like 2 weeks ago and I didnt get the mags with more then 3 witness holes....I got jipped!!!

Actually I dont mind, I am with Don on this one, shoot till its empty, plus its not like I am going to stop in the heat of battle and drop the mag to see how many rounds I have.

my .02

Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts