Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mossberg 590 with a TLR2 light on a mount at the front.

Anyone have this light with the cord and button? I am looking to add the pressure switch but I do not want the switch on the pump but rather the rear grip.

All replies are appreciated.

UB

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Buck;
I know this does not answer your question, but I have my TLR2 mounted on my 870. It has the tri rail on the pump. I have it mounted on the right rail and when I shoulder it my left index finger is right on the switch to turn it on/off. ( I am right handed) I have sighted the laser and iron sights dead on for the longest shot I could have in my house. This gives 2-3 inches to the right for the shortest shot, good enough for me with 00 buck.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buck;
I know this does not answer your question, but I have my TLR2 mounted on my 870. It has the tri rail on the pump. I have it mounted on the right rail and when I shoulder it my left index finger is right on the switch to turn it on/off. ( I am right handed) I have sighted the laser and iron sights dead on for the longest shot I could have in my house. This gives 2-3 inches to the right for the shortest shot, good enough for me with 00 buck.
Good advice. I have looked at it many ways over. I need the pressure switch on the rear grip to make it easy. I stuff this "pig" under the bed as a go to.

Thanks bro.

UB

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Good advice. I have looked at it many ways over. I need the pressure switch on the rear grip to make it easy. I stuff this "pig" under the bed as a go to.

Thanks bro.

UB
There have been multiple tac-light threads lately. Alot of the people are saying not to go with a pressure switch because it is one more thing to break and under high pressure you may turn it on when you don't want to. I say:

For people like us, who only use it once in awhile, and store it either in the safe or under the bed, what are the chance of it actually breaking? Its not like we are in the sandbox using it every day. Get what you want, do what you want. Pressure switch away.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
AAH but knowing its 2-3 inches can make you a surgeon:p

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone put a rail on top of the 590? I am guessing the cord is short with the TLR2?

·
Registered
399 Posts
We offer an 8" straight wire or a spiral cord for shotguns. Get the spiral because it will stretch out further.

As far as your comment about people being concerned about turning the pressure pad on...practice practice practice. We have FBI, DEA, Homeland...etc etc use our TLRs with pressure pads and they do not seem to encounter the issues you speak of...perhaps it's practicing/using what equipment you are issued.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts