Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you looking for CCW or a duty holster? I ordered a Safariland ALS holster, still waiting for it to get here.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Sarfiland is what o carry ay night. It works great. Did trim it to accomodate my CTC love the holster. There is a company called ransom or similar. They have duty and iwb for xds with tlrs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered a Safariland 6390 which has just the ALS, no hood. I am still waiting for it to arrive. I had to call Safariland and get the exact code for a right-hand holster in the flat black. At the time I ordered it, (Late July) Safariland did not have a model specifically marked for XDm 45, so I had to order the one for a XDm .40. Springfield Armory Customer Service stated that a holster for an XDm .40 will fit the .45 because the barrel length and slide dimensions are the same. I would contact Safariland directly. Hopefully it will be here soon, if you cant find something else and can wait, I can let you know how it fits when it arrives and post some pics. If you want, PM me and I can put you in touch with the supplier (in Bloomington, IL) where I ordered mine.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sarfiland is what o carry ay night. It works great. Did trim it to accomodate my CTC love the holster. There is a company called ransom or similar. They have duty and iwb for xds with tlrs.
Which Safariland holster did you get exactly? Their website is a little confusing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Which Safariland holster did you get exactly? Their website is a little confusing.

You are right that their website is confusing, that is why I had to call Safariland Customer Service and ask them for the complete product number The model holster I ordered is a 6390. You have to ask for the holster which fits the XDm .40

Model 6390 ALS® Mid-Ride Level I Retention

I can't find where I wrote down the complete product number.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are right that their website is confusing, that is why I had to call Safariland Customer Service and ask them for the complete product number The model holster I ordered is a 6390. You have to ask for the holster which fits the XDm .40

Model 6390 ALS® Mid-Ride Level I Retention

I can't find where I wrote down the complete product number.
Ya I gave up after about 5 min of clinking on random links. Thanks for the link.

Do they offer the 6390 for guns with lights too? Looks like they really need to update their website.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ya I gave up after about 5 min of clinking on random links. Thanks for the link.

Do they offer the 6390 for guns with lights too? Looks like they really need to update their website.

Yes, they offer it for lights, I ordered mine for the TLR-1 which is what I carry. What level do you need? My department only requires Level 1 holsters. If it gets here soon, I will send you a PM with the complete product number. It was supposed to be 30 days and it was ordered July 20.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, they offer it for lights, I ordered mine for the TLR-1 which is what I carry. What level do you need? My department only requires Level 1 holsters. If it gets here soon, I will send you a PM with the complete product number. It was supposed to be 30 days and it was ordered July 20.
Level 1 is all I need too. What did it cost you if you don't mind me asking and what made you go with the Safariland over Blade-tech and some of the other brands?

·
Registered
57 Posts
The new holster was $100 and I chose Safariland, because I have been carrying a Safariland holster which was issued, since 2007. Our department just issued us the new ALS holsters and I like it, easy to use and I wanted one for my XDm .45 I like how it locks in your gun when reholstering.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The new holster was $100 and I chose Safariland, because I have been carrying a Safariland holster which was issued, since 2007. Our department just issued us the new ALS holsters and I like it, easy to use and I wanted one for my XDm .45 I like how it locks in your gun when reholstering.
Thanks for the info. I'm a month out or so from buying so post some pics of it when you get it and let me know what you think. The Blade-Techs look pretty nice too but I haven't been able to find anybody that has one yet. It may come down to whoever has the shortest wait. I really don't want to wait a month and a half for it after I order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Love the crossbreed, fits snug for an IWB and uses a kydex for easy usage. Little pricy but it is comfortable.

·
Banned
263 Posts
which safariland holster did you get exactly? Their website is a little confusing.
i believe it's s 6320 4 xxx. I bought a quick release for it. Love it. Iwb is a bit much with a light. It's bulky but holds well and is secure. No straps around the leg. A quick release paddle assists quick release. Well worth the money. I bought it at a store here. I hate internet orders if i don't have too. Good luck brother.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts