Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tripped across this weapon while browsing, and thought... 'what the hell is this?' The Zigana F, a full size 9mm Tisas? And what is a Tisas anyway, right. Now don't get me wrong, I'm way into the strange and unusual in firearms and have discovered that some of these European companies, like the Turkish Tisas Trabzon Gun Corp, are making some fine guns. Tisas firearms are NATO tested and approved for military use, and ISO 9001 QC on CNC (Computer Numeric Control) workbenches using the most modern technology available. Cool, huh?

I was eyeing prices and found that these mostly sell for $400-450 ish, then recently ran across a Zigana F at CTD for $299 + $10 shipping. Add to cart. I believe the Zigana K was the same price. It's a compact version of the "F", which just means a shorter barrel in this case.

I will soon find out if what Bud's Gun Shop touts about the Tisas is true. Quality, fit, finish, a super short reset trigger, and accuracy, which seems to be on par for many of the european manufacturers. I'm a big fan of Tanfoglio, the Italian manufacturers, and have a couple of their offerings including the Stock II in 10mm, and a Witness polymer compact, also in 10mm. Both outstanding guns where reliability has never come into question for me.

Another manufacturer, out of Turkey, is Canik (cha'neek). Holy cow, Batman, the quality is outstanding and I believe it exceeds the equivalent CZ lineup. There are lots and lots of CZ clones out there and it's a shame for CZ that several of them have surpassed their overall quality, yet at bargain prices. It's worth a look. And on top of all of that there are several aftermarket groups that make the CZ and the clones simply freaking outstanding with various improvement modifications. It's danged exciting if you like to tinker with modding (as yours truly).

So, Friday is the day that Tracking says the Tisas will arrive at the FFL. I look forward to it just as much as all my other guns that have arrived there, and will (of course) report back with a full tabletop and range review.

Did I say $299? BTW, EAA bumped their prices up about $200 per gun earlier this year for no particular reason. I imagine the same will happen to any of the newer introduced European offerings given a bit of exposure time.

zigana2.jpg

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think you are a little over the top there. Love my CZ's. That said...I agree that the Turks make some fine weapons. I find the grips pictured to be interesting. I like the unusual.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I was gonna say they're pretty ugly personally. And yeah, the Turks have been making some pretty good budget friendly guns for a while.

This reminds me a lit of a Jericho in looks.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Cool looking, let us know it shoots.

I agree about Tangfolio, they make excellent guns. But the best CZ clone is a CZ, look at their custom shop stuff it's really special. The next best CZ clone is a Sphinx.

And CTD blows.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Cool looking, let us know it shoots.

I agree about Tangfolio, they make excellent guns. But the best CZ clone is a CZ, look at their custom shop stuff it's really special. The next best CZ clone is a Sphinx.

And CTD blows.
I completely agree with Snap. The best CZ clone is a CZ. I owned Witnesses before CZ's and an Excam TA-90 before there was an EAA. It was the typical Tanfoglio but with a hammer drop safety imported by Excam, rather than the manual safety model imported by F.I.E. All CZ clones have one thing in common. To accomplish locking of the muzzle, they use more "pinch" on the muzzle than CZ does. It's readily apparent by looking at any of them because they have rather tall rear sights in relation to the front sight which means that the muzzle is held or "pinched" for lock-up a good bit lower then a CZ muzzle or even a 1911. When it comes to CZ quality, there's really only one legitimate gripe and that's that there isn't a 10mm version of the CZ-97. None of the clones have been more accurate or really as accurate as the original where CZ sights don't look nearly as lopsided until you look at the CZ-97, and that's largely due to its removable barrel bushing where other CZs are bushingless but pinched just slightly more (lower muzzle) than the Hi-Power (horizontal plane) which the original designer of the CZ-75 considered along with the SIG P-210 (pinched muzzle) when he incorporated the DA/SA trigger system with the cocked and locked manual safety.

Good thread, though, because I now know more about Tisas and Canik than I did before I read it. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts