Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one a few years ago. It's close to a WWII 1911A1 without being a Colt.

There are differences. I bought replacement parts from Numrich so that it would look more authentic.

Hammer, slide stop, thumb safety, arched MSH and a GI replacement slide that the military armorers use when the Colt slide wears out.

It looks very WWIIish without the high price of an original or reissue clone. Except for the color.

I had my gunsmith strip the finish and reparkerize it. Now that everything is one color it looks very nice.

Now I have real badass shooter!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I’ve heard good things about the Tisas (SDS) 1911’s. I’ve said it before, I never met a Turkish Gun I didn’t like. I almost bought one. Probably still will.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
After many decades of really bad experiences with the 1911 platform I finally bought a Tisas 1911A1 and loved it. I did change out the grip panels but that's all. Liked it enough to take a chance on the Tisas Enhanced Carry (Commander size) and it too has been flawless.

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Full story here:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason for the GI replacement slide is the OEM slide has a lowered ejection port while the GI replacement slide does not.

All the parts I replaced have a checkered texture while the arched MSH is serrated.

Outside of an original checkered MAH replicas cannot be found.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Lost the Tisas Carry.

Let my Brother-in-Law try it and it followed him home.

The only other pistol that has lived with me for such a short time was the Beretta 70 22LR I bought in 1967 and almost immediately traded it back in for the 70 in 7.65.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts