Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look,I can't be the only one here who owns a Glock AND an XD.Yes,I have a Glock 20(10mm) and an XD.357 and love them....BOTH! Why does it have to be one way OR the other? We are (or should be) all adults here and need to realize that there are several excellent makes and models to choose from....PERIOD! Realize that if you have an XD,you have made a great and very personal choice in a defensive sidearm. I am a member of the Glock talk forum as well and can tell you that they love to bash the XD as well,referring to it as the "rust-o-matic" and so on.There's a certain amount of mutual respect that we should try to maintain and keep here within the firearms community and I'd like to see this ridiculous behavoir come to an end,that's all.Anyone else agree? Oh yeah.....anyone else like to see an up-scaled XD in 10mm besides myself???

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm not sure where you got the idea everyone bashes glocks here. Glock makes a fine firearm. It just feels like a brick in my hand is all. :p

I would go nuts over a XD in 10mm, but its never going to happen. Springfield would have to redesign the entire XD platform. At that point, we would see a .45 acp far before big ten.

I seriously looked at a G20, but brickness aside, it was just too big for my smallish hands. I picked up a fullsize witness in 10mm instead. Not the prettiest gun, but 15 rounds of 10mm is hard to beat. The witness also has a comfortable grip..not XD comfortable, but close.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There has never been, to my knowledge, any Glock bashing on this forum. There are lots of members here that own both. Generally when someone posts about which one they should get, you will find the response to be on the order of "get the one that fits you best, both are excellent firearms".

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
noone ever bashes a glock here. Nice try trying to start stuff.

I agree about the 10mm tho

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wasn't trying to start anything nex'd. Just trying to show the level of immaturity of some(not all) gun owners. Sorry if I came off the wrong way guys.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
yeah... i dont recall anyone bashing glocks.

i dont like glocks, but thats not bashing them. i will admit that they do make a good firearm though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's a few thoughts i found as posted on Glock Talk regarding the XD:

O N E M O R E T I M E S L O W L Y

I took proper care of the gun. I don't care if you guys have an XD that didn't rust. That is like saying "I have a pinto that didn't explode." I took every reasonable precaution and it developed surface rust. This is totally unacceptable.
As much as it pains me to say this... I have to agree with the "rust o matic" reputation this gun has received.
There are more Glock owners out there and that means more opinions so you could probably find someone talking about anything. I don't think that there are any hardcore anti-Glockers here. But who knows and who cares.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a couple Glocks and hold high opinions of them for what they are. Never had problems out of the two I still own (G19, G17).

Glock sells some guns that just make sense, like the G20 and G29. But I don't see them any longer as the ultimate pistol design. They are just good guns with their own pros and cons, just like SIGs, Berettas, etc. I would have no problem picking up any one of these to defend myself from, well, whatever.

But Glocktalk has a reputation for being a bunch of zealots. I don't think many of us here give much of a damn what they say about the XD.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
ken_mays said:
I have a couple Glocks and hold high opinions of them for what they are. Never had problems out of the two I still own (G19, G17).

Glock sells some guns that just make sense, like the G20 and G29. But I don't see them any longer as the ultimate pistol design. They are just good guns with their own pros and cons, just like SIGs, Berettas, etc. I would have no problem picking up any one of these to defend myself from, well, whatever.

But Glocktalk has a reputation for being a bunch of zealots. I don't think many of us here give much of a damn what they say about the XD.
Or anything else. :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm a glock basher. I admit it. Say what you will, but I still dont like them. My old laser tag guns feel beter in my hands. It is beter to have a brick and not use it, than to throw a brick and not have a back-up after it glock-booms. I have shot two glocks. Both times the trigger sucked. Felt too mechanical. Glock is the borg of the gun world, and every owner is trying to assimilate you into the cause. I have read a little on crock talk, bunch of asses if you ask me. How can there be so much to talk about with a gun that is the same no matter which model you pick up. They all look the same in the gun case, and that is where I leave them.

Rant over(even though I could go on and on)

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
nogoa said:
How can there be so much to talk about with a gun that is the same no matter which model you pick up. They all look the same in the gun case, and that is where I leave them.
To the extent that your statement is true, one could say EXACTLY the same thing about XDs, most 1911s, etc.

To paraphrase an old adage, if you can't say something nice about a man's pistol, it's probably best not to say anything at all.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
masterofg3 said:
Wasn't trying to start anything nex'd. Just trying to show the level of immaturity of some(not all) gun owners. Sorry if I came off the wrong way guys.

you came to the wrong forum to get on your soap box...

·
Registered
8 Posts
You know.. I've shot Glocks in all shapes and sizes... however I've never owned one. They just honestly don't fit my hand well. They aren't "junk".. far from it. They just don't fit my hand well so I probably won't ever own one. The XD just felt more natural to me. I think alot of guys pick up on one or two peoples opinions/thoughts and then just run with it. You know.. I tell one person.. you tell 10 people and so on. Thats the interweb for ya! hahaha....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Let them spout off, we know the truth. I was looking at getting a glock because of the hype and praise of glock owners then I compared for myself. It took about thirty seconds, the XD just felt right.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Same here. Shot them both at my local range. The grip of the XD was far better than the Glock. XD won out and I now have a XD9 that has been flawless.

If I do ever have the "rust problem", then I can get it hard chromed or refinished some other way. Can't fix that Glock grip angle.

·
Registered
471 Posts
nogoa said:
To paraphrase an old adage, if you can't say something nice about a man's pistol, it's probably best not to say anything at all.

I dunno. That isn't where I want to go, saying nice things about a man's pistol.

I remember well the sign above the urinals in the ROTC building at the Univeristy I attended.

It stated

"To avoid misses, soldiers with shorter muskets please step closer to the firing line."

So, with that in mind, I won't be saying nice things about a man's pistol.

-Dana

1 - 20 of 27 Posts