Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Times are tight so I am saving pennies for other things like ammo. Years ago the Block guys turn me onto the "tire tube" trick that may satisfy the need for a rubberized grip without the cost. For around $2 at WallyWorld you can buy a bicycle tire tube. Cut a length to fit the grip you want to cover and squirt the outside of the grip with Windex. It will take some work but pull the tire tube over the plastic grip. One tube has outfitted many grips and I still have some left. It ain't pretty but it does work.

UB

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
this was done on an XD by one of the members here...
i went and bought a Hogue Grip for mine.. love it:) only out $20.

cheers

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this was done on an XD by one of the members here...
i went and bought a Hogue Grip for mine.. love it:) only out $20.

cheers
The problem with the XD is the safety. The Glock and the the grips I am talking about ( AR's and foregrips) are void of this. I too have all kinds of neat grippies that are cushy but the tube works.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The problem with the XD is the safety. The Glock and the the grips I am talking about ( AR's and foregrips) are void of this. I too have all kinds of neat grippies that are cushy but the tube works.
i meant no offense there:) as for the grip safety on the XD, it was cut around the GS, like i had to do with my hogue handall grip add on i had on my XD's too.

the tire tube trick does work, and work well though. but mmm mmm i love that hogue grip on my AR.. and my colt defender too:)

cheers

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
i meant no offense there:) as for the grip safety on the XD, it was cut around the GS, like i had to do with my hogue handall grip add on i had on my XD's too.

the tire tube trick does work, and work well though. but mmm mmm i love that hogue grip on my AR.. and my colt defender too:)

cheers
Yea it works. This is a old pic of my .40 with the tire tube on it.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G21 and a Bi-Pod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts