Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that i've bought myself a tactical to go with my SC, I really can't afford a service model...unless maybe I sell my G22.

what would you do?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sell the Glock 22, I personally think the XD is a better platform for the .40 S&W chambering.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm tring to sell my G-17 9 mm., to upgrade my XD tact 9. The glock comes with a trigger job, glock nightsights, extended slide release, and a stippled grip ( Leathem style) , 5- 17 round mags, 2- 10 rd. mags , a leather galco holster, a fobus holster ( both are OWB) , and a dub mag holster. But still not sure of price. The G-17 is in mint cond.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
wingnut said:
never sell a gun.later you will regret. it was a hard lesson i learned.
save longer and then get the new toy.
I have sold or traded more than a hundred. I have discovered that they will make more. :D

ranburr

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You could always donate it to my take over the world foundation 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
wingnut said:
never sell a gun.later you will regret. it was a hard lesson i learned.
save longer and then get the new toy.

I stumbled upon this thread today while searching for something else. And I must say that I agree 100% with Wingnut.

I won't go into detail, but I sold a gun a few years back so that I could buy another for my son. He did get a nice shotgun, but I should have waited and saved for the purchase.

Don't sell the Glock in my opinion, you may regret it. I know I do. :oops:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Another for not selling the Glock. Unless you need to put food on the table. I might go hunting then, just to keep my guns.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am also selling my G17. I have and xd 40 and I can't shoot the 17 to save my life. I have had the glock for 3 months, and I am not a fan. I am trading it in on a xd9

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sold my nice and reliable Glock 19 after I got my bitone XD-9. I didn't regret it until I learned the XD cannot be used in the IDPA stock service pistol class (most of my club shoots ssp). I actually went out and bought a LNIB Glock 17 so that I could compete. I got a great deal on the 17 and like them both. I still wish I had that 19, though.

I like the XD the best but they each have good points. The Glock is tough, simple and very reliable. Our local range owner and CHL instructor has a Glock 17 that has 250,000+ plus rounds through it. He has ONLY replaced a small trigger spring in all that time. I know of two other local Glock stocking dealers that have rental guns with 25,000+ rounds through them and are rarely cleaned.

Moral of the story: Make sure you won't need the gun again or don't mind buying another later if you sell it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
BTW: I still have the XD, and it is still my favorite. The Glock was bought to wear out in IDPA and similar competition. The XD is stoked with Cor-bons and sitting on my nightstand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
rem165 said:
Sell the Glock 22, I personally think the XD is a better platform for the .40 S&W chambering.
[/img]yes the xd 's barrels have fully suported chambers unlike the glocks that let a nice size portion of the case show risking a (kb)they dont happen often but sa has a way better barrel chamber in the .40cal platform[/url]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently bought a SA-SD45 (GAP). I love the gun and would recommend it to anyone. What I don't understand is why so many people here have become kind of anti-Glock since buying thier SA-XD. I own a .40 Glock 35 and as nice as my SA-XD is, its hardly so much better than the Glock to warrant going out and selling the Glock. In fact I would have to say my Glock 35 is considerably more accutate than the .45 SA-XD. Both guns are the tactical models and both are outstanding guns. I guess what I'm saying is don't discount the value/usefulness of a quality gun like the Glock just because the SA-XD is such a nice gun. I say keep the Glock and save a little longer for the new gun. You liked/loved the Glock when you bought it, I doubt that has changed since buying the SA-XD. Call me a gun slut, but I love having both guns lying next to each other in my cabinet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Probably the problem with most of us is that we can't afford or justify multiple guns. My wife kinda holds me to a one gun in and one gun out rule. Actually, I hold myself to it. In order to get a new gun an older one has to go.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts