Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 29hrs till I pick up my Glock 26 and pour a couple hundred rounds through it. Pretty damned excited about this one since I'll be spending a lot of time with it once my CCW lincense finally comes through (only 11 more days).

If anyone wants to chime in with their thoughts on the G26, pearce grip extensions or the fobus ankle holster (I have both of them on the way in the mail) please feel free.

Don't worry, the XD40 will always rule the roost.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Time slows when waiting on a new gun!
Don't I know it. I've been waiting 9 weeks now for my AR upper, and the original ETA was 7-8 weeks. I emailed the guy I ordered from asking when it's going to be here, and all he'll say is "It should not be much longer. RRA and all other companies have been behind because of Election worries."

I'm pissed.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
man, time does slow... sorry to hear that. Since I do not own a G, I want to ask why are you getting one?? just curious..

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
Don't I know it. I've been waiting 9 weeks now for my AR upper, and the original ETA was 7-8 weeks. I emailed the guy I ordered from asking when it's going to be here, and all he'll say is "It should not be much longer. RRA and all other companies have been behind because of Election worries."

I'm pissed.
Are you serious? I just had my local guy order my stripped lower. Hopefully it won't take that long. How come you didn't buy direct from RRA for your upper?

OP: I love my Pearce grip extensions on my XD40SC. It not only improves my grip, but my shot placement as well. As for the ankle holster, never cared for those, but to each his own.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are you serious? I just had my local guy order my stripped lower. Hopefully it won't take that long. How come you didn't buy direct from RRA for your upper?
The wait time from RRA was estimated at 3 months. The guy I ordered from had already ordered the upper I wanted a month earlier for stock in his shop, and priced it $100 less. That meant I'd have 2/3 as long of a wait. Now I wish I had waited a little bit. I've seen a couple of what I ordered on gunbroker recently for about the same price.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I know what you guys mean. I ordered some stuff direct from Armalite last week and they said it would be the first week of November. The Obama gun control scare has everyone and their mothers buying up anything they can get their hands on right now. Hopefully if he does get elected, he'll be too busy dealing with the economy and Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/Russia to worry about any kind of weapons ban.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
I know what you guys mean. I ordered some stuff direct from Armalite last week and they said it would be the first week of November. The Obama gun control scare has everyone and their mothers buying up anything they can get their hands on right now. Hopefully if he does get elected, he'll be too busy dealing with the economy and Iraq/Afghanistan/Iran/Russia to worry about any kind of weapons ban.
Don't hold your breath. Biden already hinted.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
The need for an extension really depends on your hand size. I have a hard time holding onto the 26 without one. The ankle holster can work with some pants, but for me any Glock/XD is too bulky to ankle carry. Plus, I am not a fan of the draw accessibility from the ankle. If you can deal with the weight, look at pocket carrying the G26 in a cargo pocket. Of course, IWB is your best option!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
RogueXD said:
man, time does slow... sorry to hear that. Since I do not own a G, I want to ask why are you getting one?? just curious..
Biggest reasons for the G26 was concealability and reliability. In the $500 price range I felt it was hard to find anything of that size (length and height) that was at least a 9mm that was as reliable. I would've gotten and XDSC but they are a little bigger and it's too big for me to tuck the pinkie but not big enough for me to get the pinkie on there so it didn't fit my hand well. Plus there are a lot of accessories available for Glocks. I thought about the S&W M&P SC in a 9mm but I just didn't like the trigger at all.

The need for an extension really depends on your hand size. I have a hard time holding onto the 26 without one. The ankle holster can work with some pants, but for me any Glock/XD is too bulky to ankle carry. Plus, I am not a fan of the draw accessibility from the ankle. If you can deal with the weight, look at pocket carrying the G26 in a cargo pocket. Of course, IWB is your best option!
I've got a pocket "holster" on the way too. I would've gotten an IWB holster but I didn't like the options at the site I was purchasing from. The ankle holster is more or less so that I have another option. I may or may not like it but at least I won't be out too much money on it.

Supposedly this grip extension will add two rounds to the capacity but we'll see. I intend to use it without the extension but for 6 bucks I figured it was worth a shot. Plus, maybe it will give my wife and other gals a chance to try the gun out.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Don't hold your breath. Biden already hinted.
I'm willing to bet a new AWB will be in the works within the first 30 days. If not sooner.:cry:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I initiated a trade back at the end of September.

Due to the idiocy of the receiving FFL (he doesn't seem to be able to send his FFL to my FFL holder), I'm still waiting.

The guy I'm trading with has found another FFL where he is, so we can start the process all over again.

Do you think Einstein was a gunny?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I just picked mine up yesterday after ordering it Thursday the week before. It was the longest 5 days of my life! It was like bringing a baby home from the hospital lol.
-Thomas

·
Registered
855 Posts
Talk about time slowing...I took the Ohio CCW class last weekend and applied for my permit Thursday night. Really hoping to have it by Thanksgiving. It normally takes about two weeks in Ohio these days. Already bought a new holster for my XD and am planning to buy a new dedicated carry gun soon, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts