Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's time to buy a new AR. Sold my RRA upper today, and I'm going to use the cash to buy a midlength. Already grabbed a Stag lower today.

Any opinions of complete kits? My only requirements are that it's a midlength and no more then $600. I also don't want to wait a year to get it :rolleyes:

So far I've checked out this from Del-Ton Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit

I was also checking out "dissipator" models, I take it that's sort of like the midlength, but with an even longer sight radius? It looks OK...but does it work?

I'd prefer chrome barrel/BCG, but it's not necessary. I really have to keep it below $600...and I'm not concerned with "extras" like the buttstock. Just a standard 6 pos is fine, I'll change it later.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
You will be waiting at least a few weeks form just about anyone right now. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
CMMG middy- AIM CMMG .223/5.56x45 AR15 Mid Length 16" Complete Upper Half CMMG .223/5.56x45 AR15 Mid Length 16" Complete Upper Half

$525

"New CMMG .223/5.56x45 AR15 16" Barrel Complete Upper Half with Mid Length gas system. Featuring: T-marked receiver, 4150 chrome moly vanadium steel; Magnetic particle tested 1x7 twist, hard chrome plated barrel with recessed target crown; Anodized feed ramps; Shrouded firing pin; Proper front sight base with parkerizing underneath. This is a complete upper half less a rear sight, as pictured."

$.01 shipping. Can't beat that.

They are out of stock but you can preorder. This is what I bought and I could not be any happier.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Does CMMG make different length complete uppers?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
If it was me, I'd go with the CMMG. Although, that's only my .02 cents and doesn't mean squat.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I just ordered a MIAD grip and LPK...once my cash clears into my account, I'll place the order for the CMMG upper. I'll probably also grab a new buttstock, then. I'll hold onto my RRA lower and save up for a 6.8/6.5 upper later on down the road.

What is everyone's opinion on a good buttstock? So far the only affordable ones (around $100) have been the Magpul CTR and VLTOR modstock...what's the deal with the modstock? Seems that it has interchangable pieces for a better cheek weld?

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
What is everyone's opinion on a good buttstock? So far the only affordable ones (around $100) have been the Magpul CTR and VLTOR modstock...what's the deal with the modstock? Seems that it has interchangable pieces for a better cheek weld?

What do you want your buttstock to do ???

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you".

VLTOR
Vltor - Carbine Modstock

with the VLTOR you can have either cheekweld adapters or storage compartments.

I have the following buttstocks.........

LMT SOPMOD
VLTOR EMod
VLTOR Modstock
Magpul UBR
Magpul CTR
Magpul M93b

and a box full of M4 take offs, some with the CAA saddle adapter.

base your decision on which will work better for your application

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you want your buttstock to do ???

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Choosing the best collapsible stock for "you".

VLTOR
Vltor - Carbine Modstock

with the VLTOR you can have either cheekweld adapters or storage compartments.

I have the following buttstocks.........

LMT SOPMOD
VLTOR EMod
VLTOR Modstock
Magpul UBR
Magpul CTR
Magpul M93b

and a box full of M4 take offs, some with the CAA saddle adapter.

base your decision on which will work better for your application
Thanks, that makes it a bit easier.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts