Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going tomorrow to order my mini draco,was going to get a regular draco til I saw a the mini :) . It's $425 at the local shop,and he is going to work me a smoking deal on some ammo. The only bummer is they are on backorder and won't be out to mid to late july :-(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know I was looking at them at centerfire systems for $349 but that's for the regular draco,I want the mini and like I also said a great deal on ammo :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The suspense is killing me,when are there going to crack the whip in those swetshops in romania to make my gun?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Saw several mini-Dracos at the local gun show this past weekend here in San Antonio. Not my cup of tea...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have plans for it,not really digging the grip. I was going to get the regular draco but this one caught my eye and being new makes it more desirable.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you mean Hockey,I am waiting for the phone call from my local dealer to tell me to come and pick it up. This thing is going to look awesome with the 75rd drum on it. There is a local shop here that does the liquid coating on anything and I was thinking about getting something on the gun done in it. Check it out here is their website. Liquid Illusions - Home

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's time finally there was a message on my answering machine that said it is in and I can come and get it. Well as you all know how that goes,I have been waiting 3 months almost and am finally going to hold it tomorrow I can't wait.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here it is and the case I made for it,they have tons of these drill boxes at work they just throw them away. All you have to do is cut out the inside and put some eggcrate in there. The gun is still unfired it has been a crazy weekend so it will have to wait til next weekend :( .

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to swap out the rear handgrip with one of the ergonomic ones from ctd and the front grip is going to be a surprise you'll have to wait and see ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
be careful what you do to the front hand guard as the last time I checked a vertical forward grip on a pistol was a big BATFE no-no. And the Dracos are classified as a pistol which exempts them from 922R but gives them their own restrictions on what can be done as far as modifications do

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
You are right! It is time for a new gun. I am thinking a s&w 686 .357 magnum with 6 inch barrel.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am just going to do some minor modification to it,nothing that would make it illegal trust me I know the laws very well :). A new .357 sounds awesome Russ,I really want a .50ae desert eagle that's my next purchase as well as a springfield 1911

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Going to swap out the rear handgrip with one of the ergonomic ones from ctd and the front grip is going to be a surprise you'll have to wait and see ;-)
Uhmn, you are familar with foregrips on handguns and the ATFs stand on this? Just making sure you don't end up being the one with the big surprise! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am not changing the front grip out guys I am just going to modify it a little and refinish it. And if any of you guys ever held one of these mini's it would be VERY easy to get your finger out in front of that barrel so I will be putting a muzzlebreak on there for sure.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I took the handguard to work today and milled the slots,now just need to stain it. And cut that barrel nut off and put a muzzlebreak on there :) and also a piece of rope for a sling haha j/k

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am making some progress on the gun,I got to shoot it sunday and had a couple hickups on cycling so I am taking it back tomorrow to the dealer I bought it from. That thing is so loud and the percussion is crazy and I just love it :).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts