Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got new factory mags(4) one of which is tight and won't release smooth when mag release is punched. I have looked and looked, I can't tell what the problem is..anybody have this happen? cure?

·
Registered
298 Posts
i have the same problem with my sc9 factory mags were perfect but factory mags purchased seperatly are to tight to drop free empty or loaded.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one won't drop even when full...just seems thick but no signs of wear from being tight..also when you hit the release button it barely moves and stays in the mag well.

·
Registered
409 Posts
the feed lip on some of mine after firing so much did the same.

I took apart my xd, and found where it was tight, and slightly bent it. They now all drop free when empty, and still fire fine.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I just found one of mine that has become a bit too snug and one of my wifes did it in the past. After using a machinist square on it and doing some measurments, I found that it was ever so slightly our of square. I used a bar clamp on it to re square it and they seem to be just fine now. I sure wish some company would make stiffer and more resilient mags for us. See my flimsy mag post for another solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts