Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this may be covered in some other posts, but i didn't see anything exactly addressing the issue. Whenver I have a full mag (12 rounds) I cannot get the clip to snap in with the slide forward. Other folks seem to say that I need to give it a firm push, but when i try that it seems like I may break (or bend) something inside the gun. Is it normal to have to apply extreme force to get a full clip into the gun?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If the spring is new it will do this. What you can do is load, and unload your mags about 10 or 15 times and see if that's any better, and it wouldn't hurt to leave them loaded for a while, if it can be done safely (where no little kids can get at them), and it will get better with time.
Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same exact problem with my XD-9 service...I loaded the mags for the first time, fully loaded I couldnt get the mag to click in with the slide closed, but if I took a few rounds out of the mag, it went in fine. I figured it was part of the breaking in process.

·
Registered
143 Posts
my mags are new and have the same issue, i just jam em in and they work fine, as others have said it is just the mag spring ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts