Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

I've been hard-pressed on deciding on whether to purchase the Bersa Thunder 380cc or the Kel Tec PF-9. I have experience in handling firearms, but this will be my first time purchasing/owning a concealed weapon. Any advice, suggestions, and/or experience would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

·
Registered
29,877 Posts
Caliber-wise, I'd prefer the 9mm over .380 any day; and since they're both the same size...it'd be silly to carry the lesser caliber. The Bersa, however, is a great pistol...if they make a 9mm in a comparable size, that wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

Most people who have KT's seem to like them. I've shot a few, and thought they were OK.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
The pf9 is smaller than the bersa, I own both and carry the pf9.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i owned both and if it were not for the bersa 380 being such a fine weapon i would immediately say take the pf9. i had no problems with either after many many rounds in both. the one issue i did have with the pf9 is there isnt a lot of room in front of the trigger to the guard. other than that - it was reliable as heck. the bersa on the other hand was such a fine weapon i often times wonder what on earth i was thinking getting rid of it. it feels great, shoots great, and for the money i doubt seriously that you could get a better gun. a time proven design and a superb single action. other than it being a .380 i couldnt tell you a single fault about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts