3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Project: Dark Earth ... :D

• Tactical Innovations Billet Lower Reciever
  • RRA 2-Stage LPK
  • Magpul MIAD in Dark Earth Grip
  • Magpul P-Mag in Dark Earth
  • EMG

Now, I'm just trying to figure out if I want to do a LMT 14.5" or a 16" upper.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot about a picture of the other side !! :cool:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wow, that's beauuuuuuutiful. Am I right in assuming you went with the basic MIAD kit? Also, what are the black squares on the mag? I've seen others like that but haven't figured it out.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it's the Basic kit. The only difference between it and the Full kit is that the Basic kit doesn't include the trigger guard. My receiver has a machined in trigger guard so I don't need it.

The "Black Squares" are the "Enhanced Magazine Grip", which is technical for grip tape. :lol:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That's funny considering I've got the same stock ... :lol:

I need to order the installation kit for the stock? Anyone got any recommendations? I also need to pick up a LMT bolt and a charging handle.

How much did that lower set you back?
The lower itself is a little over $200 since it's Billet. The RRA 2-Stage LPK varies in prices a lot of places. I forget how much I paid for it.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Hmm... You guys are making me rethink the whole black thing. First build definitely black. Second one maybe FDE because i shoot in the desert. Kinda bummed there aren't any woods around here.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I did. Black for my first rifle. Dark Earth for my second rifle.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Man, when I started figuring out what I wanted, I thought "You don't see all that many FDE rifles"... now that's all there are! That's a pretty neat lower... looks good.

I've got a roll of grip tape from doing my XD's grip, maybe I'll throw some squares on the magazines so I can be more like you

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
*Sigh*

... just bought a LMT 16" upper kit ...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
what do you mean just... as in spontaneously bought it when you hadn't planned on it, or was it part of your current build?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was part of my build but I wasn't going to buy it until next month.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Very Nice.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I know the feeling... looks like am gonna be keeping the heat low, the lights off, and the food cheap for the rest of the month.
If only it were that simple.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exactly ... I'm going to tell myself that I can't spend any more money. And than I'll find some Larue handguards, than I'll find an Accog, than I'll find BUISs. :lol:

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Exactly ... I'm going to tell myself that I can't spend any more money. And than I'll find some Larue handguards, than I'll find an Accog, than I'll find BUISs. :lol:
I've been telling myself that for 6 months now...I find it's easier to just ride out and do what your head tells you.

Yeah, I'm pretty much broke right now...but Ramen noodle tastes SOOOO much better when you've got a couple of guns sitting next to you :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts