Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinhing about getting a light for my scxd-9, I just wanted to see what people thought about the mini lights for the sub compact, good or bad.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My Sub Compact wears the XML at night and I really like it on the small gun. My Tactical wears a Streamlight M3X at night and is a much brighter (and larger) light than the XML but, it won't fit on the SC. The XML is about 50 Lumens and the M3X is about 125 Lumens, which is a huge difference. The XML is a good light when your in a somewhat confined area that you know well, such as your own home, but I wouldn't want to search a large or unknown area with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
im a little new to the xd, but i have used the m3 and several other lights on diffrent guns. any light is better than no light, but im also a really big fan of the surefires. ive used then overseas and have no complaints.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The XML is very nice. It is a perfect fit for the sub. I was using it yesterday at the range, we turned all the lights out and I was just point shooting using the the light as an aiming point. Mine leaves a small dimmer spot in the midle of the light which just happens to be right where the round hits 8) I was hitting the bullseye 7 yards out with out even bringing the gun up past my waist.

The light seemed bright enough but when compared to the full size light we were using on the AR, it seemed very dim. Of course that light is much larger and made for carbines :!:

For home defense with a sub compact XD the XML is perfect.

BOB

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys, i just picked up my xml today and i love it. it works great for the confined spaces of my home. now all i need is a sub compact granande launcher and i'll be set.

·
Registered
34 Posts
SouthernXD where did you pick your XML light up and the cost.
It is on my birthday wish list in 3 weeks and I did not want to rob the wife.

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i picked up my XML at my local gun shop for 99$, i'd have to say that its the brighest little light i have ever scene. well worth the price.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Great little light for the XD SC. This combination is my bedside gun for things that go creeak in the night.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got an XML with my 40 SC package a couple weeks ago and liked it, but I broke down and bought an Insight X2L (same light, but with integrated laser). Salt Lake Optics had 'em for $218 plus $6 ship, and I couldn't resist. Footprint is virtually the same as the XML. It just came today, so I haven't shot with it yet...can't wait.

http://www.saltlakeoptics.com/

I may be selling my near-new XML (only been on the gun 2-3x, only shot with it once), but haven't decided yet as I may get a XD45 at some point. If you can swing the price diff, the laser and adjustable beam width (XML width is fixed) make it a compelling value, IMHO.

Edited to add: the beam brightness of the XML and X2L is the same at ~40 lumens. Also, there are NOT separate controls for the laser and the regular flood, if that's important to you...both come on at same time. The switch is well-placed, ambi, and it's easy to choose momentary or full-on without looking or diddling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just wanted to say i have the xml light and i love it. It is small and fits the gun nicely. Its really in proportion to the gun. Some of the others insight lights like the X3, M6 M6x are to bulky and i think look a little awkward. When shined at you in the dark the xml easliy makes you disoriented. If you were a burgular and that light was shined at your eyes in the dark it would be near impossible to fire a gun accurately. You really cant even look at it in the dark. It has 50 lumens - which isnt as much as the larger lights but, trust me it lights up a whole room perfectly and is very effective. well worth the money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts