Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add a LAR-8 to my 308 addictions, any input will be appreciated. I'm sorry if the topic has been covered before, I tried the search function but found nothing.
Thanks in advance.

---
- "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
819 Posts
Love my lar-8 i bought a basic 16in one a quicky put a freefloat quad rail. It is a quality rifle true to stoner's D.I. system(sr-25) for less money and it uses both metric and standard fal mags which is a plus cause they are widely available. The only downside is the front gas block is slightly shorter than the rail. It doent bother me much as it's scoped but i always have backup sights so i just bought flip up from RRA. Other than that have had no problems what so ever

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I have one of the RRA LAR-15s and I love it. More accurate than me, and seems well built. I only have about 200 rounds through my rifle, but so far I've had no issues. I don't think you can go wrong with an RRA. Plus if you order from their web site they have drop down menus so you can build the rifle you want and have them put it together for you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to get a A1/A2 style with a removable carry handle. I have to wait pass Christmas because I recently bought a SOCOM.

---
- "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety"- Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think the LAR-8 is a fine firearm. I don't have one, but my good friend does and I shoot his regularly. It gets excellent groups and has not given him any problems.

I have a DPMS in 308 and it has been equally as good. I have swapped a lot of parts on mine.

One of the differences is in what mags a person can use. If that matters to you, you might want to look into it. Someone mentioned what the RRA uses. The DPMS takes the regular pmag type mags if that matters to you.

We get slightly tighter groups with my DPMS, but that is because of some of the things I've done to it, not because there is anything wrong with the RRA. His RRA grouped much better than my DPMS from the factory. Neither has had any sort of issues with reliability.

The RRA definitely comes with a much better trigger than the stock DPMS. I swapped to a JP trigger in mine and I really like it. I also like the RRA 2 stage triggers and have them in some other carbines.

Hope that helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts