Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a very good plinker/ camp gun/get up and go gun. Does anyone have any experience with one of these?

I also like the CX4 storm from beretta but it seems a bit expensive for a plinker and it shoots pistol caliber.

I think a mini 14 would be a good plinker, but what I've read is that the SU16 is more accurate.

I especially like the one with the folding stock. seems like it can be fired from the folder position???

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
What, no replies at all?

Well, I have both a CX4 45ACP and a SU16B. The CX is indeed a fun gun at the range and ridiculously easy to shoot but hampered by the small 8 round mag. It also makes for a good HD gun given the caliber and the many attachment options for lights etc.

The B model SU that I have is the lightweight model, there is a C model which will indeed fire with the buttstock folded. All SU16s are rather light and they take standard AR mags. Mine has peformed well so far but it heats up too quickly because it has the thinnest lightest barrel they make, it's more intended for backpacking and such and not so much for plinking at the range. The A and C models would be better for that.

Have not regretted getting either one.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Why would there be replies? This thread is over 2 years old!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, but the original poster is a total D-bag. I still would like an Su-16 as a trunk gun or something, but I have an AR now for range and home defense.

Anyway, thanks for the input even if it is 2 years late. I ended up getting a Beretta CX4, but for some reason it would sting my face no matter how tightly or loosely I held it, so I sold it. This is NOT typical of the CX4 from what I have been told.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Interesting comment on the CX4. I have shot mine quite a bit but have never run into that issue. My biggest grief was always the smallish mag capacity, I seemed to be constantly reloading, lol.

If you get a chance, the Kel Tec I have has been pretty good but if you want to shoot it a lot don't get the B model. It heats up so fast after 2 mags you need an oven mitt. I hear the A and C models have thicker barrels. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts