Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here owns an Ares Ranger Belt, and if so how do you like it?

I'm looking for an interesting alternative to your typical carry belt, i.e. Crossbreed or the Beltman's, and I think the Ares may fit that slot.

I know the owner (?) of Ares frequents the board but haven't seen any word since late last year. What is everyone's experience with the company and product line?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have been wearing an Ranger belt everyday for about a year and a half now. It is hands down the best gun belt I have ever used (Wilderness, 5.11, Galco and a few others).

Everyday it carries a fullsize pistol with a light and a spare mag. At times there is another pistol mag and AR mags added to that for 8-12 hour days with no issues.

Jake is also a stand up guy. He is prior service military and law enforcement, active in the shooting/training community and has also provided support for various training courses and events. I have seen him go out of his way to make things right when people have had issues, guys like him are few and far between in this industry.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Heard nothing but good things about them and am considering one for my birthday present.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It is a very high quality piece of gear. Everything from the stitching to the buckle is excellent. The only improvement I would make is some type of retention system for the left over slack (tail) when you cinch down and tighten the belt. A small patch of velcro under the tail would've been perfect.

Also, keep in mind, this belt is STIFF! Like a solid hoola hoop lol. Perfect for supporting guns, but i'll be honest...It is sometimes a chore to put in into your pants because of this. Also, depending on your belt loops, you may have to take off the buckle, then put the belt in, and then put the buckle back on. Not really a big deal, but sometimes you just want to grab and go, ya know ?

some pics for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts