Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I would, but then I'd bankrupt myself trying to locate, purchase, and transfer the Knight suppressor into my possession. The MK23 is kind of a package deal for me; otherwise, I'd just get the USP Tactical in .45.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Yes, I would.

Having shot one, it's an incredibly accurate pistol, particularly a polymer pistol.

I have a buddy that has the entire kit. On top of being very very accurate it is ver tame and 45 Super can be fired from it. It is also the quietest supressed pistol I have ever fired.

I do not need to buy one, I can borrow my buddies anytime I want.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I had one. Traded it off. Good gun, shoots great, but to me it was just a safe queen 90% of the time because I didn't want to wear out something I spent that much money on.

Really accurate, really fun to shoot, never did any endurance testing but I have no doubt it could live through just about anything.

If you get one, have it in mind that you want to shoot the tar out of it, or you'll safe queen it and not get your money's worth out of it like I did.

I have a cousin that's a really good shooter with handguns, I saw him stack shots at 20 yards standing, no supports, unreal... personally, I was not that good with it, and I've never shot anything as well as I've shot an XD Tactical. The XD Tactical is like the hammer of Thor, IMO.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's about what I would expect. I have a feeling this guy trying to sell one to me is a scam - priced too low, pics lifted from other postings, cryptic emails, I did get a contact phone number which I called. Voicemail sounded non-USA accent (British or Canadian).

Oh well, if it sounds too good to be true.....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I would not get another. Doesn't really fit or solve any need for a handgun that size (or caliber). I sold mine & have other models in it's place.

Just too much money for something that will never be carried, and if it goes to the range, shot very little.

Save your money for something else. If you need a big gun to "compensate" for something, get the Desert Eagle ;-)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would not get another. Doesn't really fit or solve any need for a handgun that size (or caliber). I sold mine & have other models in it's place.

Just too much money for something that will never be carried, and if it goes to the range, shot very little.

Save your money for something else. If you need a big gun to "compensate" for something, get the Desert Eagle ;-)
I already have my full complement of different sized pistols for target and conceal carry. I don't plan on carrying this. This more of a fun gun for me - perhaps a tack on silencer. If anything, an investment.

Yeah, it's big, but I have big hands so, yeah, I'm "compensating" by looking at bigger guns :)

I also don't know what you mean by not having a need for what caliber? A 45 ACP?

But first things first, I have to see if this deal I'm looking at is legit. If it is, I think you might change that position :)

·
Registered
942 Posts
I would buy one for regular price if i had that kind of cash to burn.
One day i will have one, the MK23 is an animal.
Its a huge gun but i have pretty large hands. My USP 45 feels almost to small.
Next time i go to the range i might rent the MK23, but idk because if its nice i might have to sell stuff to afford one lol

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I already have my full complement of different sized pistols for target and conceal carry. I don't plan on carrying this. This more of a fun gun for me - perhaps a tack on silencer. If anything, an investment.

Yeah, it's big, but I have big hands so, yeah, I'm "compensating" by looking at bigger guns :)

I also don't know what you mean by not having a need for what caliber? A 45 ACP?

But first things first, I have to see if this deal I'm looking at is legit. If it is, I think you might change that position :)
I just meant a pistol this size should be in a larger caliber. Like the DE in .50. If as a novelty. If it's a fun gun, won't be carried, and is for the range only.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I think the pistol itself is too big, for anyone to possibly try to carry on their person. So I vote no on that pistol, plus for the money you would spend on the 23 you could buy a springfield socom 16

It all depends on the intended use. the pistol is too accurate (the one I shoot), on a tractor on a farm where you might shoot a coyote at a longer distance, feral domestic animals that need killing. A rifle or shotgun would be too much and a regular pistol would not be enough. The option of shooting 45 Super that will extend the range and killing distance even farther is a huge advantage. Add the supressor and you will not alarm the neighbors a 1/4 mile away or shooting it at night on them masked devils we call raccoons.

I see its size and accuracy filling a huge gap between a rifle and a regular pistol. But thats just me....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It all depends on the intended use. the pistol is too accurate (the one I shoot), on a tractor on a farm where you might shoot a coyote at a longer distance, feral domestic animals that need killing. A rifle or shotgun would be too much and a regular pistol would not be enough. The option of shooting 45 Super that will extend the range and killing distance even farther is a huge advantage. Add the supressor and you will not alarm the neighbors a 1/4 mile away or shooting it at night on them masked devils we call raccoons.

I see its size and accuracy filling a huge gap between a rifle and a regular pistol. But thats just me....
A 45 Super easily breaks the sound barrier. You will still have about 110-125 decibles, not exectly whisper quiet with the suppressor. It will still help, just won't be what the movies depict. I have a Gemtec

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
A 45 Super easily breaks the sound barrier. You will still have about 110-125 decibles, not exectly whisper quiet with the suppressor. It will still help, just won't be what the movies depict. I have a Gemtec

I realize that. What I like about the can on the Mk23 is the Nielsen device on it lets you zero it to the weapon. When you are on a tractor and you are already making bunches of noise the supressor would not be needed anyway. At night you can load up some ACP 230s and the gun is very very quiet.

Movies show supressors on revolvers, what a joke. there is only one revolver out there you can supress and I own one. She aint pretty but I have the option to do it someday if I want to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts