Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going to build an SBR but the 1911 itch was too much. The SBR will have to wait. Thought I would try the Raptor pro II and see how it stacks up to the others.

I went with the SS model because I think its gorgeous!

The sight are going to be changed out to a Gold bead front sight.

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
Congrats!. I have the ultra....

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Congrats! Looks good.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! Great gun.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks great! Looking forward to a range report.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Gorgeous, no denying that is a really good looking gun. Looking forward to a range report.

·
Registered
265 Posts
A sharp 1911 you have there. Certainly understand the 1911 itch. I have a Tactical HD.

Now get that beautiful 1911 off that Glock mat. ;)

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am loving everything about this gun except.....A plastic MSH? Really Kimber? This plastic MSH crap has got to go.

I mean it feels good and I am sure wont effect the functionality but it just doesn't seem right to me.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I am loving everything about this gun except.....A plastic MSH? Really Kimber? This plastic MSH crap has got to go.

I mean it feels good and I am sure wont effect the functionality but it just doesn't seem right to me.
I have a Colt with the polymer MSH. It's going to eventually be swapped out but i have no problems with it as far as quality. I just want a flat MSH.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

Congrats, the Raptor is a nice looking gun. This is the full size version and it has been a great performing pistol. I agree, it's an unnecessary for Kimber to use plastic MSH to save a couple of bucks. The Ed Brown MSH works well with the Raptor, you may have to do some fitting to make it work with the Schwartz grip safety mechanism; mine took about ten minutes of file work- once I figured out where to remove material.

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Congrats! I just bought my first Kimber, an Ultra Carry. So far I love it!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Good looking pistol. What do you call the front strap and slide serrations? I looked on Kimber's site quick and didn't see anything.

Isn't your XTAC going to get jealous?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good looking pistol. What do you call the front strap and slide serrations? I looked on Kimber's site quick and didn't see anything.

Isn't your XTAC going to get jealous?

Not sure what they call it. I have heard it referred to as scale serrations?

I think my Xtac is pretty secure and knows who is king.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts