Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran up to a local shop to see about trading my imaculate XD9 Tac in original case with everything it came with for an XD45, but was only offered $275. I guess I'll have to wait and see if I can sell it or wait even longer for the and get the 45. I hate waiting. Was I wrong in expecting about $375-400?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
No, I don't think you were wrong in expecting $375 to $400. Check on GunBroker.Com for approx current values.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I suspect you were wrong to expect that much as a trade in allowance. I'd say you're about in the right range for a sale (hence the gunbroker values being in that range). Much like a car, you'll seldom do well trading in a used gun. I see a few dealers selling brand new XD's on Gunbroker for $420 to $430. This tells me their cost can't be much over $400.00 for a new gun. Therefore the shop can't very well give you that much for your used one.

Harris

·
Registered
43 Posts
If your local shops are anything like the ones around me, you will never get a good price on a trade-in. Unless I find a used gun, in excellant shape, then I order from various vendors on the net. I have a local pawn shop that does transfers for $25....not a stellar price, but if I catch a gun I want at a very good price, then it is worth it. That how I got my XD-45....ordered it online, paid the transfer fee, and still got it for $35 less that the pawn shop could buy it from their distributor.....

I would like to support my local shops, but none of them even carry reloading components....and their prices on new guns start high, and go up from that.....

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
i just sold my xd-9 4" with 2250 rounds through it, a DGR, and 3 mag's for $375...looking at .45's now, kinda want a 1911...but a 4" XD-45 with night sights installed from the factory is looking like a good option, plus i would be saving $4-500 if i got the $500 XD, instead of a $1000 1911

im pretty torn on what to do.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just sold my xd-9 4" with 2250 rounds through it, a DGR, and 3 mag's for $375...looking at .45's now, kinda want a 1911...but a 4" XD-45 with night sights installed from the factory is looking like a good option, plus i would be saving $4-500 if i got the $500 XD, instead of a $1000 1911

im pretty torn on what to do.
Price and single stack are the two things keeping me from buying a 1911. I might buy one later down the road but I'm looking for high capacity right now.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
i hear ya.

im scared to go to bass pro by my house because they have a XD-45 service with night sight's, and i have the cash to buy it right now...:???:

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
i hear ya.

im scared to go to bass pro by my house because they have a XD-45 service with night sight's, and i have the cash to buy it right now...:???:
Just breath....we can get through this together. Long, deep breaths through the nose....c'mon...youre doing great!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i hear ya.

Just go get it! You know you're going to end up with it sometime! Pick the keys back up!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I was told about 250 for mine, the guy kinda put down the XD's a bit, granted I was looking @ m&p's so he was prob trying to sell me on one but whatever. Honestly most gun shops are in it to make money. Sell it on this forum or a local one is my opinion.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dealers are in business to make money. If they can't make $100 on a trade, they are not going to tie up money in a gun that may sit on the shelf for six months. Your best bet is to sell it to an individual. Maybe someone on this forum?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just go get it! You know you're going to end up with it sometime! Pick the keys back up!
Thats basically what my wife tells me after a couple days of talking about it over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over.

Then I give her a sweet little kiss on the cheek, grab the keys and run like hell for the truck before she changes her mind.

Everytime we go to Academy now, she asks me, why do we even bother walking around the store, we KNOW where we're going to wind up, we should just make the that the first stop.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats basically what my wife tells me after a couple days of talking about it over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over.

Then I give her a sweet little kiss on the cheek, grab the keys and run like hell for the truck before she changes her mind.

Everytime we go to Academy now, she asks me, why do we even bother walking around the store, we KNOW where we're going to wind up, we should just make the that the first stop.

I tell mine I'm going there, then the truck, and that I'll be waiting for her in the truck untill she's finished.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts