Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some things online about these rifles. I started thinking about getting one in 308 with a wood stock. None of the local shops has one to look at and I don't want to order blind without ever touching one. Does anyone have one or checked one out?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I handled one at a gunahop a while back and formed a favorable opinion of it. It was nicely balanced, the stock fit me good, bolt was smooth, and the trigger was acceptable. Really the only thing that would make me shy away from it was the price. At $900 I would not buy this rifle, there are too many options out there with more bang for your buck. That being said Cabelas has a .270 Icon for $599 on their website, at that price I would be comfortable with this rifle.

My advice would be to get your hands on it before ordering. You really need to see how the stock fits you and how the rifle feels when you shoulder it before purchasing. I would never consider buying a rifle without having throughly examined it.

No matter what the price you can find on it, if you really like it, get it. I would recomend checking out a lot of rifles and picking the one that feels the best to you. The most important thing in a hunting rifle is your confidence in it. When you are confident in the rifle, you will know that you can take care of business with it when that big buck comes into view.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found one yesterday at a gunshop in Enid Ok while visiting my son and his family. It was a nice gun and I really liked it except for the butter knife bold handle and the price. I know you can change the bolt handle. I liked the way it fit my frame. They only had it in 243. The price was $999. I thought that was too high since I see them for mid 700's everywhere else. We're going into OK City tomorrow. I'm going to look at a few places there and at Bass Pro Shops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts