Springfield XD Forum banner

75481 - 75497 of 75497 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,721 Posts
I’ve got a job where I can work from home 100%. Been doing it since early March. I miss idle convos with my workmates but other than that things haven’t slowed down a bit. I’ve got a nice office space over the garage so it’s easier to “go to work” and not have a blurry work/home space.

Plus most of my pistols are up there so I can play while on calls...

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
I’ve got a job where I can work from home 100%. Been doing it since early March. I miss idle convos with my workmates but other than that things haven’t slowed down a bit. I’ve got a nice office space over the garage so it’s easier to “go to work” and not have a blurry work/home space.

Plus most of my pistols are up there so I can play while on calls...
I did my job from home while I was recently locked away. It wasnt totally a waste, but dealing with high temps and no AC while the kids are screaming wasn't ideal. Not to mention network access was an inconvenient pain. I also couldn't interact physically with people and the product. I would say I was about 50% effective from home.glad it's over. I hope I don't have to do it again, but I probably will.

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
I recently discovered why I keep getting black family pictures, and now feel like a Jack-ass for being abrupt after getting flooded with a dozen or 2 family pictures every so often. It turns out my personal email address is the same as a Louisiana funeral home, less 1 character. My email address is my first name (my first name can be either a first or last name) and last initial, [email protected]. (yes, I have had it for a very long time) The funeral home is [email protected] . It is obvious what the FH stands for in that context. Phone typing just loves to drop characters. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't happened more often.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Well my job is not conducive to work from home. So I been to work every required work day this yr.

Being I am an aviation parts distributor with a store front sorta like an auto parts store but airplane related.

However NO ONE inside since March except myself and my employee.

Curb side call in or ship out service.

Specialized business so it has not been a factor on my bottom line.

Lack of aircraft usage has however taken about 40-50 percent of sales as opposed to prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
Cut down the lightning struck tree that finally died this summer. Good thing a placed a log to protect the wellhead, or I'd be getting mighty thirsty by now.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
In case anyones in the market
Listed on cars.com
Listing number 13058706
2004 68k mi

Hard choice to make owned it 17yrs
Priorities change and I decided it deserves to be used. I drove it less than 1k mi in past yr.

·
Premium Member
17,721 Posts
Sweet ride @Texas40. GLWS

Hopefully some kid won't buy it then wrap it around a tree like a kid did with my BIL's '72 Mach I.

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
I'm still doing cleanup after felling a 90 year old white pine in my yard. All those twigs that normally get left in the woods need to be raked up and burned. I loaded up the best 40' onto a trailer so my dad can cut more 2x8s. The next 100" is a rejected for sawing log I'll probably turn into more firewood, but still finding places for the usable firewood sized top.
Even all the branches that planted themselves into the yard are a pain.

I've got some others that need to come down too, but I'll waite till winter. That one died this summer after getting hit by lightning a couple years back, so I figured cut it before it rots.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Well a tractor and a chain makes quick work of the trees. Pull um out stump n all.
These are all clumps of scraggly pin oaks. Cedars of tall and straight get de branched then pulled then cut at stump and saved for posts etc.

All the branches and small (2 in or less) brush is shredded with the brush hog and left to nature.
All the bigger crap is in two big ol piles on the land. Once we get rain and burn ban is lifted will have a big bon fire

·
Premium Member
17,721 Posts
Well a tractor and a chain makes quick work of the trees. Pull um out stump n all.
These are all clumps of scraggly pin oaks. Cedars of tall and straight get de branched then pulled then cut at stump and saved for posts etc.

All the branches and small (2 in or less) brush is shredded with the brush hog and left to nature.
All the bigger crap is in two big ol piles on the land. Once we get rain and burn ban is lifted will have a big bon fire

Not 60-80’ pines...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Not 60-80’ pines...

LOL.
Nope

Of course I am talking about 15-20ft scrub trees and cedars.

Anything I have thats close to that tall is an OAK that has a base dia of 5-6 ft and those are staying.

Got to get more N Texas for those size types trees.

·
Premium Member
17,721 Posts
LOL.
Nope

Of course I am talking about 15-20ft scrub trees and cedars.

Anything I have thats close to that tall is an OAK that has a base dia of 5-6 ft and those are staying.

Got to get more N Texas for those size types trees.

I hate most pine trees here because they grow so close together out here and have to keep growing straight up to get sun. Thin things out and trees start to look normal.

But hey... where do you think all those pine 2x4’s come from? Just NIMBY, please.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I hate most pine trees here because they grow so close together out here and have to keep growing straight up to get sun. Thin things out and trees start to look normal.

But hey... where do you think all those pine 2x4’s come from? Just NIMBY, please.
I wish the stuff Im felling was of the size to make boards.
FREE lumber ftw.

The main reason Im clearing what I am is alot of the scrub is smothering out my nice big mature oaks and I aint having that.

OH and I despise cedar trees.

75481 - 75497 of 75497 Posts