Springfield XD Forum banner

75461 - 75480 of 75497 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Quik test has 51% accuracy.
So factor that into the “number” of new cases daily about 1/2 are likely incorrect.

Shell game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My Dad, brother-in-law, and I got drawn for black bear permits in the Upper Peninsula this year. Dad and BIL are hunting on private club property, but I have to find a close by spot on state land. We're heading up tomorrow for a day trip to scout around, and maybe dig some holes at their spots for bait. I'm looking forward to this. Not so much to shoot a bear, but more to do something with my Dad, help him out, and hang out in the UP. I'll be taking the new 10mm 1911 just in case we run into anything. :)

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
My Dad, brother-in-law, and I got drawn for black bear permits in the Upper Peninsula this year. Dad and BIL are hunting on private club property, but I have to find a close by spot on state land. We're heading up tomorrow for a day trip to scout around, and maybe dig some holes at their spots for bait. I'm looking forward to this. Not so much to shoot a bear, but more to do something with my Dad, help him out, and hang out in the UP. I'll be taking the new 10mm 1911 just in case we run into anything. :)
What area?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The "dry" bug spray seems to attract the stupid flies up there. Go with the greasy DEET. Good hunting.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
The "dry" bug spray seems to attract the stupid flies up there. Go with the greasy DEET. Good hunting.
Ohh, and hunting, like fishing is a good excuse to get up early and hang out with friends before drinking a few soda pops and telling BS stories at night. I can't guess how many years I went deer hunting with my Dad and had little expectation to bag a big deer but we always has a brandy or scotch as the sun went down.

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
I never liked the idea of hunting bear with dogs. Seems like torture for the bear and a good way to get a dog killed.

·
139 Posts
Quik test has 51% accuracy.
So factor that into the “number” of new cases daily about 1/2 are likely incorrect.

Shell game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, a friend of the family has come down with Covid. She was moved from one hospital, where she tested positive to another care facility where she was retested and also tested positive.
I’m sure the effort isn’t coordinated enough to distinguish those 2 positives as only 1. I’m sure this is happening everywhere.

BTW, she was in pretty bad shape before this... Diabetes , dementia, BP issues..... Currently she is ok, beginning to cough a little. Hopefully she will be fine. Dunno yet.

·
Premium Member
126,916 Posts
Goodnight, fellas

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
While I was in the UP, one of my shift-mates at work texted me. He had called in sick last Tuesday with a fever. Turns out he tested positive for Covid. By the time he texted me Thursday, his fever was gone and all he had left were some bodyaches and a cough. Another guy on our shift had called in Tuesday too, but no one has heard what his test results were. I kept waiting all day yesterday for a call from the boss saying not to come in for a few days or something, but alas, here I am at work. :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Some. Besides this one, I am fairly regular on a tractor and a snowmobile site with the same handle.
There is a guy who uses the same handle on a pinball website, but didn't seem like you at all. Just curious if you had an alter-ego (or multiple personalities).

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
While I was in the UP, one of my shift-mates at work texted me. He had called in sick last Tuesday with a fever. Turns out he tested positive for Covid. By the time he texted me Thursday, his fever was gone and all he had left were some bodyaches and a cough. Another guy on our shift had called in Tuesday too, but no one has heard what his test results were. I kept waiting all day yesterday for a call from the boss saying not to come in for a few days or something, but alas, here I am at work. :)
Thank you for forging ahead. We need to do and make stuff to get things humming again. My industry is not good and probably won't improve for years.

75461 - 75480 of 75497 Posts