Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sighted in the new back ups on my BCM upper last week. It's sighted in at 50 yards but I've never adjusted this much windage on an AR. Does it seem like too much?
rear adjustment.jpg

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Seems like your cheek placement on the stock is way left causing you to have to adjust that far

Or your front sight post is cocked to one side

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Can we get a front back view? That pic looks like the fsp is leaning left.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll try to get a pic when I get home. It's a free float SDMR handguard

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Just send it to me with about 500 rounds and I will square it away for you.8)
I'm in Anoka county.
I like helping my fellow Minnesotans.

Reactions: JBubbs

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
We can't tell yet. Need better photos. What you can do right now is borrow or buy a laser bore sighter and compare where the barrel is pointing to where your iron sites are pointing. To answer your valid question as is; ... no, that is too much wind age adjustment right now.

Ideally, on a perfect build, that pesky rear site aperture should be with four, (4) clicks from exact dead center ... when using OEM front and rear sites. With after market site and gas block combinations, it is harder to get a reading on it all. Several time consuming but easy fixes.

HB of CJ (old coot) (hundreds of AR15 builds) (still here on this forum ... for now)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had a problem like that and what I did to solve the problem was the fixing the rail alignment, try that and see if it works for you.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Take the EoTech off and shoot a pic from top dead center looking down where the rail meets the receiver--are they aligned that way?

Could be the MBUS's are screwed up somehow...

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I swear im never putting this EOTech on again! Every time I sight it in it has to come right back off! At least I get to shoot more...

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Swap it for an Aimpoint.

Seriously...I take mine on and off the Colt 6920 and it stays damn close to zero or right on every time it is moved.

Yes...your rail is probably not aligned straight. That seems to be a very easy thing to get askew.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I tried selling my EO or trading for a PRO. My TRS is ok if it's close to my eye but it still has some starburst. EO's keep a nice clean dot so I'm a little torn between the two.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Yeah...I love the PRO. Going to buy a second one for my newer Colt AR pretty soon. They are very durable and I have never had to adjust it. Hell...I have not even touched the battery yet! LOL

Your mis-aligning of an added quad rail is not really new and seems to be pretty common. Many on M4Carbine.net's boards have posted with similar issues. they too seemed to have gotten the thing mis-aligned at first but got it worked out.

That is a huge reason why my second AR was the Colt 6940. Monolithic rail from the factory and fully floated. Open sights lined up with little drifting at all. Seems to be one of Colt's more over-looked ARs and I don't know why.

Keep messing with it...you will get it aligned right.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't touched it, it was built by BCM so I'd be a little surprised if it was off that much. Can a small amount really cause that much at the rear? At least it's the weekend and I'll be able to really look tonight.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts