Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I got a used Springfield Armory XDS 45 subcompact . This thing is thin, I can carry it in my front pocket with a DeSantis pocket holster just like my Ruger LCP only a tad bigger. It is a .45ACP. It shoots great and is reliable. I liked it so much that I was on the hunt for another one since they are discontinued. You know , 1 is none and 2 is one. Last week I found a new one in the box at a store. It was new in the box but "old stock". I got it for $450. This one was the "long slide" 4 inch barrel. Man it is nice ! Still just as thin but just a 4 inch barrel instead of a 3.3 inch barrel. With the longer magazines it has I can make it a 5 rd , 6rd , and 7 +1 gun . I like Glock and have used Glock on my job for 24 years. The Glock 36 in .45ACP is so darn fat compared to this and it's only magazine is 6 rds. There is no other magazine for it , not even bigger magazines with magazine sleeves. The Glock 36 is the same size as the G19. If Glock would do something like this XDS 45 , they'd win a lot of customers in my opinion. This XDS has a grip-safety , which I don't like and has a few more parts too , but it is the best and thinnest .45ACP I know . As far as I know , Springfield Armory is making these in 9mm only now and they have the red dot cuts on the slide but no .45ACP. Enjoy the pictures.
Resized_20210610_090858.jpeg
Resized_20210610_090912.jpeg
Resized_20210610_090941.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
22,284 Posts
Why did they discontinue it? Hellcat?

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got em both, love em. Really love the 4” with the six round mag.
They really blow the Glock 36 outta the water in my opinion. And I am a BIG Glock fan !!!! When I saw this 4 ich I figured I better grab it since it was discontinued. I sold my Glock 26 to get this. i like the 26 so that shows you how much I like the XDS .

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I handled a G36 once at the LGS. Same size as my G23 but only 6+1, didn’t see the point. XDs is so much thinner I almost forget I’m carrying it.

I know in the capacity wars the micro 9’s have kinda moved the XDs 45 to the back of the shelf in the gun safe but sometimes I just like carrying a 45.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Springfield yesterday and got the manufactured date of my XDS 45. They told me April of this year. WOW , This gun wasnt on their website back in April as far as I know. Very strange.

Reactions: 835mag

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I called Springfield yesterday and got the manufactured date of my XDS 45. They told me April of this year. WOW , This gun wasnt on their website back in April as far as I know. Very strange.
Not really strange when you consider that they are produced in Croatia and must be shipped and imported (which takes a bit of time), and they need sufficient quantities to meet initial demand before putting the model up for sale.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
A few months ago I got a used Springfield Armory XDS 45 subcompact . This thing is thin, I can carry it in my front pocket with a DeSantis pocket holster just like my Ruger LCP only a tad bigger. It is a .45ACP. It shoots great and is reliable. I liked it so much that I was on the hunt for another one since they are discontinued. You know , 1 is none and 2 is one. Last week I found a new one in the box at a store. It was new in the box but "old stock". I got it for $450. This one was the "long slide" 4 inch barrel. Man it is nice ! Still just as thin but just a 4 inch barrel instead of a 3.3 inch barrel. With the longer magazines it has I can make it a 5 rd , 6rd , and 7 +1 gun . I like Glock and have used Glock on my job for 24 years. The Glock 36 in .45ACP is so darn fat compared to this and it's only magazine is 6 rds. There is no other magazine for it , not even bigger magazines with magazine sleeves. The Glock 36 is the same size as the G19. If Glock would do something like this XDS 45 , they'd win a lot of customers in my opinion. This XDS has a grip-safety , which I don't like and has a few more parts too , but it is the best and thinnest .45ACP I know . As far as I know , Springfield Armory is making these in 9mm only now and they have the red dot cuts on the slide but no .45ACP. Enjoy the pictures. View attachment 841889 View attachment 841890 View attachment 841891
Both are Mod 1's, which is fine, but they did have a 3.3 Mod 2 45 also, not sure about 4", slight differences with Mod 2 the slide is very slightly 'slope sided' instead of 'slab sided', small rear sight difference and the grip frame is just a tad more ergonomic The mags are interchangeable, but the Mod 2's use a different extension sleeve.
Mod 2's have an extended grip safety lever with a 'Memory pad' like modern 1911's You can get a aftermarket lever from PRP for any of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts