Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own and operate my own detailing company specializing in doing private collectors car collections, retail and commercial work, whether it be classic/exotic cars/dealership autos/one off customs. I'm also list and sell collector automobiles as well. Once Im here for 30 days or 50 posts ;) I will be posting some if a mod authorizes it. I've travelled to a few states. The cars/links posted below mostly came out of Iowa.

This car here is a 59 tbird with 1806 original miles. Quite an amazing story on it.
1320Video.com Images Galleries :: Untitled

before

after

More to come.

Monte Carlo
This car is 1 of 1. As a few of you might know they never made a 454 ss convertible MC. The guy Im working for had a 454 ss hard top and got pictures of a prototype GM built 8 back in the day but then realized no one would ever buy one. So all 8 were crushed and never released. About 5 years ago he had his body shop custom build one for him from the pictures he received from a friend of his and built an exact replica of what GM wanted to release. All of the sheet metal from the doors back is hand made :scared:

before

after

All original GNX with 5,xxx miles

Trashed black corvette

I also did this lovely 1992 50ft yacht, it has never been done till i touched it. The gel coat was horribly oxidized. It took a month to complete.

This album has a new ZR1 I did as well and a few interior building shots of the massive car collection I worked on as well.

This is while I was in Phoenix
Large single turbo Supra

Same location/same owner, 2010 Lamborghini Galarado Superleggera

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
that is awesome. your job looks cool as hell.

·
Registered
173 Posts
nice work! i did some detailing for a chevy dealer in grand rapids, mi. coolest thing i did were a few custom camaros and a few zr-1 vettes

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW nice work I bet you could make my 99 Satrun look good. :D
Well if I ever find my self in nowhere TN I will be sure to send you a pm and come by and do your Saturn!:D

that is awesome. your job looks cool as hell.

I love my job. I started off as an automotive painter about ten years ago right out of high school. Obviously I've always been a car guy. Nothing is as instantly gratifying as working with automotive paint. Whether its spraying it or polishing out swirls. Plus being your own boss is truly the American Dream (even if thats becoming increasingly more difficult and I probably shouldn't go into what I think about the government :-? )

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
great work. i have a few friends that are into high end detailing, it sure is amazing what you guys can do.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Thanks for the post, neat work your doing.....

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wish i had a job i could enjoy like that! Just being around some of those cars would make my day.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great work! I have a 63 beetle (my beloved first car) that I've been in process of restoring for...oh...about 2 years now. I did all the motor work and was super motivated throughout that, but I have no experience with body work and I was not as great a student/self-teacher as I had hoped. Of course I have plenty of friends who would be happy to teach me, help me, whatever I needed, etc, if they "just had the time"

Anyway, I'm impressed!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Wow if your ever.in jersey pm me my dad has a 66 impala as, 64 bug which he is second owner of, a we are hopefully gonna start on a 70s convertible bug we are going to make into a convertible voksrod

·
Registered
433 Posts
It will be it was going to be the first vw project when my father got it it was already taken apart to be restored. But on his way to work saw his 64 in a garage stopped and he bought it a little engine work paint and new carpet and it was on the road my dad is the second owner and ut was bought back in 64 at a dealership in our town that is still vw

1 - 14 of 14 Posts