1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Not sure i like the look of that lug.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
I think for that price id get a smith 500 :)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Is this one of those outdated designs with the rotating thingy.:D

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Looks great, Snap, but that's still 92% of MSRP. Since you do want to handle one first, I think prices will come down by the time you get to. As far as I can tell, the only difference I'm seeing is that the top-strap looks a bit thicker than earlier DWs. ;)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Does that fall into the description of nickel plated sissy pistols? That's funny. Get yourself a Glock. Gotta be a Glock fanboy to say that.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does that fall into the description of nickel plated sissy pistols? That's funny. Get yourself a Glock. Gotta be a Glock fanboy to say that.
Nice! This post really literally made me laugh out loud.

Yes money will buy happiness and I will own one of these if they're as nice as they look, I just want to see one and handle it first.

You're probably right about the price 57K, but if it's as nice as I think it is the 1000 price point isn't bad. My performance center 627 was almost 1500 and it's money I have never regretted spending. The gun is that good.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think for that price id get a smith 500 :)
My indoor range won't allow the 500, I don't load that caliber and never will, and the recoil will probably make me flinch for months.

Otherwise sure.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Nice! This post really literally made me laugh out loud.

Yes money will buy happiness and I will own one of these if they're as nice as they look, I just want to see one and handle it first.

You're probably right about the price 57K, but if it's as nice as I think it is the 1000 price point isn't bad. My performance center 627 was almost 1500 and it's money I have never regretted spending. The gun is that good.

Snap, I've never bought anything from Grabagun since they're here in Texas and I'd have to pay sales tax, but I'm sure they're a good outfit and probably have a satisfaction guarantee.

Considering CZ's MSRP, I'm inclined to believe they are getting some custom touches in fitting and the action where they may fall into the semi-custom category, but not quite the same as the Performance Center S&Ws. Like I said earlier, the top-strap looks heavier than what was on my M15 and I'm also wondering if they went to a larger cylinder. My M15 cylinder was the same size as on a K-Frame Smith and could use the same size speed-loaders. ;)

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
My indoor range won't allow the 500, I don't load that caliber and never will, and the recoil will probably make me flinch for months.

Otherwise sure.
Probably why you like nickel plated Sigs.

Common sense would tell me to go .460 instead of .500 anyway!

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Probably why you like nickel plated Sigs.

Common sense would tell me to go .460 instead of .500 anyway!

Nickel plated? Ugh.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good enough to buy to me. Would love to get my hands on a Dan Wesson someday.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Nickel plated? Ugh.
Fairly redundant on a stainless gun but if you gotta have a nickel plated sissy pistol you gotta have a nickel plated sissy pistol.

That said, I love me some polished nickel plated pistols. I need a 1911 and a nickel K frame to go with my 29.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Well I guess id prefer my nickel plated sissy pistol (sig) and I would rather the 500. if your gonna get a big bore why not go for broke??

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The advantages of being able to shoot .45lc and .454 Cassull in the .460.

But the appropriate answer is why not both?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Well I guess id prefer my nickel plated sissy pistol (sig) and I would rather the 500. if your gonna get a big bore why not go for broke??
Sigs look so nice without rails.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts