Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just won this on the 'ol eBay. And from looking at pics, this is the sear that does not eliminate the safety mechanism, correct?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
it "looks" like the springer precision sear. when i installed mine i just took the striker safety out since it was just a range gun. ive shot plenty of guns without striker safeties and have never shot myself. but thats just me, i only swaped the springs out on my carry gun.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah it's an Xtech. I know the new Xtech sear has the striker safety welded, or at least incorporated in to it as one piece. And I am of the understanding that THAT is the one that stops the function of the striker safety, right? So this one should work well, I take it?
-Thomas

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
There was some discussion about the welded one here.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/hs2000-sa-xd-accessories/84186-word-caution-unsafe-sear.html

The one you posted above, the old non-welded one, worked on some pistols but didn't on others. It just depends on the tolerances of each pistol. You should check how the safety functions on your pistol immediately after installing it. If the striker safety is not disengaged properly, you could ruin it.

Personally, I'd go with a Powder River Precision Safety Lever and Over Travel Stop any day of the week.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had planned on buying the powder river stuff, but after I found this on eBay for cheap I figured I could try it out and stick it back up for bid if I don't want it.
-Thomas

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
If that is a Xtech (Bob's sear) sear it may require a little bit of fitting to get it to work correctly. I bought one thru the XDguy's group and after I installed it I was getting light primer strikes. There is a big thread about how to fix it on here somewhere.

Be careful because not everything listed as "drop in" is "drop in".

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TMP, was that on your .45? I heard the 9mm and .40S&W's were "99% drop-in" in most cases.
-Thomas

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I put everything in this morning. Only took about 10 minutes. Easier than I thought :) The safety lever seems to be engaging the striker safety perfectly. I definitely need a powder river overtravel stop now though hah.
-Thomas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts